Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE! | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE!

skatingbc

Final Flight
Ross was good, but poor Nakamura...:disapp:

Oh well, congrats to Ross--he was very dramatic here!

Really? I've never seen him before, but I thought he was kind of stiff. I thought he has loads of potential, but just needs to loosen up a bit in the presentation area.

Who was the man commentating with Tonia? I had to turn the volume off because his voice was so irritating! :mad:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
which man, there have been two (I didn't watch, family drama is eating up all of my spare time)

dannyascii

On the Ice
Really? I've never seen him before, but I thought he was kind of stiff. I thought he has loads of potential, but just needs to loosen up and bit in the presentation area.

Who was the man commentating with Tonia? I had to turn the volume off because his voice was so irritating! :mad:
I agree. Ross seems to be a musical skater, but not artistically mature, if that makes sense. He seems to have a clear concept of the music, just when he does his choreo, it comes off stiff. Hopefully that'll work itself out.
I felt so bad for Majorov though. He's really talented;some of the best skating skills in the bunch I thought.
I think the commentator was Michael Mancuso. I agree that the commentary was annoying.

Last edited:

skatingbc

Final Flight
which man, there have been two (I didn't watch, family drama is eating up all of my spare time)

The irritating guy was the one who spoke during each skaters performance. The other guy, who was fine, just seemed to be announcing the whole thing (not the announcer at the rink, just for icenetwork). The annoying guy would comment on spins, footwork, etc. while the other guy would just say the skater, what country they represented, etc.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I noticed the starting order for the LP is not based on the ranking after the SP. Do you know if this will happen also for the seniors?

beep_beep

Medalist
Free Dance on!

Am I the only one that thinks Junior Free Dances have just the perfect duration?

beep_beep

Medalist
And here we go: Phantom of the Opera....

Italians did 3 rotational lifts... is that allowed?

Last edited:

liketotally

On the Ice
I loved the French pair's (Cravinho and Chantelauze) music. Anyone knows what it's called? It's a pity they didn't really do it justice, it was wonderful, big music.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
I loved the French pair's (Cravinho and Chantelauze) music. Anyone knows what it's called? It's a pity they didn't really do it justice, it was wonderful, big music.

I think... I think it is Tristan & Iseult by Maxime Rodroguez (Kanaeva's hoop routine from last year)

Nice work by the spanish! Very creative.

Last edited:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Hmm...I enjoyed Kharis and Asher's whimsical skate~
However, I feel when I watch these two I wish they didn't bob up and down so much :eek:

beep_beep

Medalist
Freak falls from the 2 American teams... :frown:
Now they are saying not to take flash photographies. Wonder if it had anything to do...

100yen

Medalist
Freak falls from the 2 American teams... :frown:
Now they are saying not to take flash photographies. Wonder if it had anything to do...

That's true.
I know people like taking pictures of the skaters but stuff like that can make the difference between being on and off the podium :disapp:
Unfortunately maybe the flash did affect them because those falls were really out of nowhere. I hope Lauri and Travis can stay in the the top 3 despite.

Wrlmy

Medalist
So happy for Kristine!! She really deserves gp assignments if it were up to me. Her basics are probably one of the best among the US girls. Plus, she always has interesting programs:rock:

100yen

Medalist
YAY!!! 175.95!!!! WOOHOO
go MAIA & ALEX!

...and the Shibutanis win it!