Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE!

Loved mini Russians...

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Yay!...almost time for the final group.

"...whole entire free dance." Huh?

Hmm...I enjoyed Kharis and Asher's whimsical skate~
    However, I feel when I watch these two I wish they didn't bob up and down so much :o

Freak falls from the 2 American teams...
    Now they are saying not to take flash photographies. Wonder if it had anything to do...

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Now they are saying not to take flash photographies. Wonder if it had anything to do...
    That's true.
    I know people like taking pictures of the skaters but stuff like that can make the difference between being on and off the podium
    Unfortunately maybe the flash did affect them because those falls were really out of nowhere. I hope Lauri and Travis can stay in the the top 3 despite.

Woooooo Shibs!

Custom Title
    So happy for Kristine!! She really deserves gp assignments if it were up to me. Her basics are probably one of the best among the US girls. Plus, she always has interesting programs

YAY!!! 175.95!!!! WOOHOO
    go MAIA & ALEX!

...and the Shibutanis win it!

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Shibutanis are pure magic today.

<speechless>

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    no they make that announcement several times throughout an event... I remember at 08 nationals there was an exceptionally powerful flash going off during one of the senior events and they did make more announcements than usual, and teh announcer dude (same guy as the one at JGP) started sounding really annoyed while he was reminding not to use flashes...

ice dance was on WAY TOO EARLY this morning, I missed it :(

Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    Right when I plug my laptop to the TV, my friends and I see Tibbets/Brubaker fall :(
    Then Bonacorsi and Mager fall. But after all it was a happy day because Shibutanis WON WITH PERSONAL BEST SCORES!!!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    You know when I read Tango Rhapsody on the ISU bio of the Shibutanis, I was like 'oh, no'..... But 20 seconds into their program, I was totally enjoying it. The really know what compliments their music. What a great quality! I hope they have a great season. I'm a fan!

I also enjoyed Ralph/Hill, I know lots of people dislike them for Kharis' posture but I think she's gotten better in that area, still not perfect but it's a first step in the right direction. Their program was lots of fun and I loved how they kept the storyline throughout.

As for Bonacorsi/Mager, what a freak fall.. but they stay on the podium. Great accomplishment for the first junior international, hard to believe they're just up from novice. I love their smoothness but I dislike the music. It's elevator music and doesn't add much to their program IMO But I loved their last choreo lift!

I loved, loved the opening of Zenkova/Sinitsin, unfortunately for me they lost that attention to detail as the program went on. But it's early in the season, so I'm sure it's going to get better.

Tibbetts/Brubaker, again I thought the music was boring, I can't even remember what it was. But they have beautiful lines and seem to really skate together which was nice to see.

Missed the first two groups. But seems like Frohberg/Giesen did really well. I think they're a great match. Sure they still need to grow as a dance couple but it's a start and they really haven't been together very long. And their coach and choreographers must have studied the rules intensely since they received level 4 on every element they did in the FD.
    Last edited by Alicja; 09-05-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Custom Title
    Pairs LP: considering what happened in SP lets hope at least one pair will go through whole program without a fall.

Custom Title
    Bobak and Penasse (Can) scores 69.67 for free skate and total of 107.98

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast