Anger Management | Golden Skate

Anger Management

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
No, this is not about the Jack Nicholson movie. Read this!

Boy, 4, Attacked With Boiling Hot Fries

When a 4-year-old boy accidentally smeared ice cream on the sleeve of an 18-year-old woman who was nine months pregnant, she retaliated by chasing him through the McDonald's restaurant located in a Wal-Mart in Germantown, Maryland, pinning him in a headlock, and rubbing hot, greasy french fries in his eyes. The incident occurred last May, and on Tuesday the woman, Milikia Hayes, was sentenced to four days in jail and ordered to attend anger management and parenting classes, reports The Washington Post.

Hayes and the child did not know each other. When the ice cream touched her sleeve, she started screaming at the small boy, whom The Post describes as "terrified." State's Attorney Douglas F. Gansler said Hayes smeared "boiling hot, greasy french fries" on his face. "The boy was scared to death," Gansler said. "It is incomprehensible to think that an adult would attack a child of any age in such a manner." The child's eyes were swollen after the attack, but he suffered no serious physical harm.

Hayes' excuse for her actions? She was on her way to a baby shower and was wearing one of her nicest shirts. She pleaded guilty to second-degree assault, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. However, a Circuit Court judge sentenced her to 18 months in jail, with all but four days suspended, and ordered her to attend the classes, reports The Post. "Clearly, her own behavior was inappropriate and egregious for any adult, much less someone about to have her own child," Gansler told The Post. "In getting this type of sentence, we hope it will ensure that she's learned a valuable lesson and will help her in raising her own child."

Ever done anything you might have to be sent to anger management class to address?

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL....well, all I can say is that I'm glad no one else is usually in my car with me. Normally, I'm a calm and collected person, but while driving I assume a different personality. This personality has little patience for stupid drivers!

As for that woman...someone should pour hot grease in her face. If she had done that to my child she would not have walked out of McDonalds. There is no excuse in the world that I can think of that would merit such a reaction.

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
What is a person like that doing having a child? I bet the first time her baby spits up on her, she'll probably beat it to death. I feel sorry for the kid, going to be stuck with a mother like that.

I can't tell you the number of times I've seen a parent go ballistic with his/her child in public, yanking a child around by the arm like a rag doll and screaming at the kid in grocery stories, getting in the kid's face and screaming. Once I saw a mother in a movie theater throw a soft drink in her child's face after she had been yelling at her.

I know that sometimes I drove my parents crazy as a child and though I don't have children, my friends who do say, "I never thought my own child could push my buttons to the point where I would get so irrational," though as far as I know none of them have ever gone beyond yelling, walking away, and locking themselves in the bathroom or something like that.

This woman sounds like she has a serious problem. Though pregnancy can do a number on one's hormones, this incident goes way beyond the pale. I hope she gets help. I wonder if the judge would have been so lenient had she not been pregnant? That poor kid. I also wonder if the kid's parents will file a private lawsuit?
Rgirl