Emanuel Sandhu's dancing skills? Aye or Nay? | Golden Skate

Emanuel Sandhu's dancing skills? Aye or Nay?

i love to skate

Medalist
Well this past week was the first performance show and he got hip hip. He did better than I thought he would - especially since his partner is a hip hop dancer. He stayed out of the bottom three and I am excited to see what else he can do!

Tigger

Final Flight
Actually, I wasn't all at shocked Eman would do well at Hip Hop. I mean, he always did well w/it in both his competitive and Gala programs, so not really that big a shocker.

I think the real test for him will be whenever he and his partner get a Ballroom piece. Just how well can Eman partner someone or can he even partner someone? Time will tell, but that's when I think we'll get a real look at how far he'll go in this thing.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Eman's dancing and loved his skating, if it weren't for the dang jumps!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
wow, I had no idea he had tried out for this show, or even that Canada had a SYTYCD. He is okay, not at the same level as most of the american top 20. I think he woudl do very well in ballroom, imo he should have auditioned with a partner.

i love to skate

Medalist
Actually, I wasn't all at shocked Eman would do well at Hip Hop. I mean, he always did well w/it in both his competitive and Gala programs, so not really that big a shocker.

When did he ever do a hip hop competitive or gala performance? I remember he skated to Justin Timberlake once but that's not hip hop.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Eman is good - like a talented older dance student. However, he is no where near professional level for a dancer his age. He would be completely outdanced by most of the boys in LA dancing for pro music videos. That's just the truth ... SYTYCD is really about pro-level dancing. Now he would ROCK Dancing with the Stars! That is where he would shine..... he is good enough to walk away with that trophy, and his age would not matter.

His ballet technique is good, again, not anywhere near pro level. I can see some hip hop style, but the 19 year old boys with their gymnastic tricks will wipe him out, unless he can cash in on his natural charm and the voters take a liking to him.

Does Canada have a Dancing with the Stars? Sandhu would be really great on that show for sure!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
wasn't his "natural charm" what got him voted off by the judges LAST season on CSYTYCD?

The judges don't vote, they just give an opinion. He was not on last season. The judges did not select him for the top 20. That's not being voted off. They did express opinions about his attitude.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The judges don't vote, they just give an opinion. He was not on last season. The judges did not select him for the top 20. That's not being voted off. They did express opinions about his attitude.

I consider it voting off, the judges all choose which ones make it and which ones are cut... I'm sorry if you use a different word and it was confusing... to say he wasn't on last season isn't entirely correct if he made it to "hell week" (or whatever Canada calls the week in between auditions and the top 20)

herios

Medalist
Well this past week was the first performance show and he got hip hip. He did better than I thought he would - especially since his partner is a hip hop dancer. He stayed out of the bottom three and I am excited to see what else he can do!

Yes, I agree. He did a decent job, better than I was expecting as well. For those who would like to see him hip-hoping, here was his routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYp2C48PMnE

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I consider it voting off, the judges all choose which ones make it and which ones are cut... I'm sorry if you use a different word and it was confusing... to say he wasn't on last season isn't entirely correct if he made it to "hell week" (or whatever Canada calls the week in between auditions and the top 20)

He auditioned last season and did make it to the Canadian version of Vegas week but didn't make top 20. Again, not being voted off. Voted off is what the audience does each week to two contestants. Yes, he did appear on the show last season. No, he was not in the competition as he is this year. This week's performance is on YouTube.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Again I apologise for not using YOUR terminology. If SYTYCDCanada is anything like its US counterpart (of which the Canadian version is a spin off) then the judges all have their say and choose the top 20... from there it goes into the audience voting phase. YES, I realize that they don't CALL it voting... but each judge has their say as to who goes and who makes it through... that, IMO, is the equivilant of voting (they judge and then they vote).

i love to skate

Medalist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMrQ01O5lFw

Here is Emanuel dancing Theatre this past week with his partner Kim. They did a really awesome job and I think he starting to win the judges and audience over. There is a hardworking and determined quality to him now that I didn't previously see in his skating. I think he may have chosen the wrong path when he picked skating...

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Again I apologise for not using YOUR terminology. If SYTYCDCanada is anything like its US counterpart (of which the Canadian version is a spin off) then the judges all have their say and choose the top 20... from there it goes into the audience voting phase. YES, I realize that they don't CALL it voting... but each judge has their say as to who goes and who makes it through... that, IMO, is the equivilant of voting (they judge and then they vote).

It's not my terminology, it's the show's terminology. And I'm not so sure the judges have complete say as to who makes top 20. I am inclined to think the producers make the decisions based on input from the judges and their own vision for the show. So it's not voting.