Did Emily Samuelson just get injured? | Golden Skate

Did Emily Samuelson just get injured?

cornell08

Final Flight
I know this is a good deal of speculation but her twitter says:

"Memories of 2007 JW have come flooding back... you never realize how fast your life can change until it does."

And she's not really one for posts that are just musings...

Can't help but wonder and hope that she's ok.

Dyan

On the Ice
I hope not cornell08.

I want to see N&B improve and take the third Olympic spot but not that way. I hate seeing any skater injured. So far though I haven't read anything about either Emily or Evan being injured. Fingers crossed.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I know this is a good deal of speculation but her twitter says:

"Memories of 2007 JW have come flooding back... you never realize how fast your life can change until it does."

And she's not really one for posts that are just musings...

Can't help but wonder and hope that she's ok.

hmmm. What exactly happened at 2007 junior worlds? maybe they are just working on the CD they used at that event? Or the OD?

gold12345

Medalist
hmmm. What exactly happened at 2007 junior worlds?

During the FD, she fell and he stepped on her hand. She had to have surgery to repair a severed tendon. I don't remember how long they were out for.

I'm sure if something that bad happened recently, we would have heard about it by now. Maybe they just had a close call in training or something. Hopefully nobody is injured.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Oh no, I hope they arent injured. I really like them and am looking forward to seeing their programs. Hopefully she was just reflecting on what happened in the past. I wish them the best of luck in this upcoming season.:love:

whimsicalgirl

Spectator
This may be my first post here (long time lurker).... But I just read elsewhere that Olson/Cowan who train at the same rink as Samuelson/Bates had an accident similar to Emily's at Jr. Worlds where Olson sliced her hand. So, Emily and Evan are not injured but Anastasia Olson is ... best wishes for her quick recovery.

Tammi

On the Ice
This may be my first post here (long time lurker).... But I just read elsewhere that Olson/Cowan who train at the same rink as Samuelson/Bates had an accident similar to Emily's at Jr. Worlds where Olson sliced her hand. So, Emily and Evan are not injured but Anastasia Olson is ... best wishes for her quick recovery.
The post you read was close, but not completely accurate. It's my understanding that it's actually Jordan Cowan who is the injured skater and will be having surgery before returning to the ice. They had to withdraw from JGP Poland.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Im glad Emily isnt hurt :biggrin:, but sad for the skater who did get hurt :frown: I wish them a speedy recovery. Hopefully they will be able to compete the rest of the season.

Tammi

On the Ice
Im glad Emily isnt hurt :biggrin:, but sad for the skater who did get hurt :frown: I wish them a speedy recovery. Hopefully they will be able to compete the rest of the season.
From what I read, it's expected that he will recover fully and I echo your sentiments for a speedy recovery and a quick return to the ice.