Which two ladies do you WANT the US to send? (Pick a duo) | Golden Skate

Which two ladies do you WANT the US to send? (Pick a duo)

Which is your dream US ladies duo for Vancouver?

• Flatt/Zhang

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Cohen/Flatt

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Flatt/Czisny

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Flatt/Meissner

• Wagner/Nagasu

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Cohen/Czisny

• Zhang/Meissner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cohen/Meissner

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wagner/Zhang

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R.D.

Record Breaker
A variant of my other thread, but this one is NOT a prediction thread. Instead, it is a HOPE thread. If you would like to predict instead (or also), go here

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28718

I'd like to see how much difference there is between what people predict and what they hope. This one will also stay open until the day of the ladies' final.

You may also notice the poll choices are slightly different as well. I think there are skaters that people want to see that don't (as of now) have a strong shot at making it. There's no possible way I can include every single combination though so just make do as it is- specify if your choice is different from the nine pre-selected choices.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Now, I WANT to see a team of either Cohen/Meissier or Kimmie/Emily or BeBe/Emily - just because that's what I want... and we should all live by what KW wants... wouldn't that just improve the whole world...:yes::yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Now, I WANT to see a team of either Cohen/Meissier or Kimmie/Emily or BeBe/Emily - just because that's what I want... and we should all live by what KW wants... wouldn't that just improve the whole world...:yes::yes:

um... no. there'd be no hot men for the rest of us ;)

oh, and to answer the poll = 2006Cohen and Ashley Wagner, please.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
um... no. there'd be no hot men for the rest of us ;)

oh, and to answer the poll = 2006Cohen and Ashley Wagner, please.

I think you're absolutely right... no hot men, no hot shoes... a whole world of "no"...ahhh - paradise.

But the more I stare at your answer, I think you're right... You just get this vibe from Ashley that she won't be denied... She actually reminds me of Tanya Harding pre-wack. Focused and determined to shape her own fate. I like that in a skater. Emily has that as well. Skating needs to honor its tough girls, its show girls a bit more.

Kwan and Slute had that quality as well... no ice princess nonsense for either and that's why they won.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunate for Ashley's aspirations though is her eternal propensity to suffer from downgraded triples (not to mention a flutzed Lutz). That could very well be her downfall again, in particular, internationally. Unfortunately, a whole slew of U.S. ladies could suffer the same fate (including a favorite of mine).

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Unfortunate for Ashley's aspirations though is her eternal propensity to suffer from downgraded triples (not to mention a flutzed Lutz). That could very well be her downfall again, in particular, internationally. Unfortunately, a whole slew of U.S. ladies could suffer the same fate (including a favorite of mine).

So true... but I liked Ashley MORE post Nationals than before. She wants it and she's not shy about her ambition. For so many skating is a mental sport and once they face the worse case scenario (a bad short) they fall apart... she didn't do that and one must give her bonus points for that... Once the brain is straight, the technical piece falls into place. And since this is a WANT thread - I think the mental piece can come into play with the analysis... My choice is very different in predicition threads because unless Rachael loses her mojo, she'll be hard to beat - regardless of the judging system and worlds '08 - clean skating with hard technical jumps are rewarded.

jcoates

Medalist
Based on their early season performances and total skill set, Flatt and Nigasu.

Backup choice is Flatt and Wagner.

Caroline still lacks speed and has lingering jump and edge problems. I don't think Sasha can regain the technical level needed along with the consistency.