Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: JGP Lake Placid, Aug 2-5

  1. #1
    Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    64

    JGP Lake Placid, Aug 2-5

    Starting orders are posted
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpusa2009/
    Looks like Shermetieva and Chudin have withdrawn, their not on the entry list

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,116
    CD's will be aired at 2:30 today.

    I am so looking forward to this competition. There are a number of really good dancers competing:

    1 Abby CARSWELL / Andrew DOLEMAN CAN

    2 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN

    3 Katelyn GOOD / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN

    4 Marine CRAVINHO / Mahil CHANTELAUZE FRA

    5 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA

    6 Stefanie FROHBERG / Tim GIESEN GER

    7 Nikki GEORGIADIS / Graham HOCKLEY GRE
    They have a really good feel for their Greek OD

    8 Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI ITA

    9 Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS

    10 Valeria ZENKOVA / Valerie SINITSIN RUS


    11 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP

    12 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI

    13 Lauri BONACORSI / Travis MAGER USA

    14 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA

    15 Rachel TIBBETTS / Collin BRUBAKER

  3. #3
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    Thank you for sharing everyone!
    I am very excited :D

  4. #4
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    YAY! Shibutanis personal best CD :D

  5. #5
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    beautiful PEI
    Posts
    19

    results.

    anyone have results yet.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    Ice Dance CD
    1 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 34.09 18.90 15.19 6.10 5.90 6.10 6.25 0.00 #6
    2 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN 30.43 17.02 13.41 5.55 5.25 5.05 5.55 0.00 #13
    3 Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS 29.87 17.12 12.75 5.15 5.05 5.20 5.00 0.00 #10
    4 Lauri BONACORSI / Travis MAGER USA 29.73 17.10 12.63 5.15 4.85 5.25 5.00 0.00 #14
    5 Valeria ZENKOVA / Valerie SINITSIN RUS 29.73 16.78 12.95 5.40 5.05 5.15 5.05 0.00 #12
    6 Rachel TIBBETTS / Collin BRUBAKER USA 29.57 16.86 12.71 5.25 4.85 5.10 5.15 0.00 #3
    7 Stefanie FROHBERG / Tim GIESEN GER 27.80 15.88 11.92 4.85 4.60 4.90 4.75 0.00 #15
    8 Abby CARSWELL / Andrew DOLEMAN CAN 26.55 15.02 11.53 4.80 4.50 4.60 4.50 0.00 #7
    9 Nikki GEORGIADIS / Graham HOCKLEY GRE 24.88 14.40 10.48 4.20 4.10 4.10 4.40 0.00 #9
    10 Katelyn GOOD / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 24.23 13.56 10.67 4.45 4.00 4.45 4.20 0.00 #8
    11 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI 24.06 14.14 9.92 4.10 3.75 4.05 4.00 0.00 #5
    12 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP 23.50 13.70 9.80 3.95 3.70 4.05 4.05 0.00 #2
    13 Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI ITA 23.02 13.22 9.80 4.00 3.80 3.90 4.00 0.00 #1
    14 Marine CRAVINHO / Mahil CHANTELAUZE FRA 22.75 13.06 9.69 4.05 3.60 4.00 3.90 0.00 #11
    15 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 15.33 10.94 7.39 3.30 2.55 3.00 3.00 3.00 #4

  7. #7
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    Kharis and Asher did really well!
    I loved the ending with the free leg extended out and bent..

  8. #8
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    whoops!

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    701
    Pairs was a bit of a surprise. Has anyone ever heard of Kaleigh Hole & Adam Johnson before this? I remeber him from when he was with Cristi Anne Steele but I had no idea that he had found a new partner. Any info on this team would be great. I didn't even get to watch their SP, so i'm completely in the dark. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    calgary, canada
    Posts
    176
    Well, here's the link to their ISU bio, which gives a little bit of information.

    She is new to pairs, having been a singles skater up to this point (11th in juniors at Canadian nationals earlier this year). They were paired up earlier this year.

    Their result so far here is not a complete surprise, because they have done well at their summer competitions. For example, their short program score at Indy was 47.68 and their long program score was 86.07 (competing in senior). In fact, their summer competition results have been the best of any of the Canadian JGP-eligible pairs teams.

    Given their inexperience as a pairs team, I don't expect them to win here, but if they skate as they have at their summer competitions they can certainly medal.

    One encouraging thing about this team is that Kaleigh can do the triple toe and appears to be close to having a 3S (Protocols from Summer Sizzle singles long program).
    Last edited by geoskate; 09-04-2009 at 10:55 PM.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Well, here's the link to their ISU bio, which gives a little bit of information.

    She is new to pairs, having been a singles skater up to this point (11th in juniors at Canadian nationals earlier this year). They were paired up earlier this year.

    Their result so far here is not a complete surprise, because they have done well at their summer competitions. For example, their short program score at Indy was 47.68 and their long program score was 86.07 (competing in senior). In fact, their summer competition results have been the best of any of the Canadian JGP-eligible pairs teams.

    Given their inexperience as a pairs team, I don't expect them to win here, but if they skate as they have at their summer competitions they can certainly medal.

    One encouraging thing about this team is that Kaleigh can do the triple toe and appears to be close to having a 3S (Protocols from Summer Sizzle singles long program).
    Thanks so much. I think its great that they already have sbs triples under their belts. This team may be another top level Cdn pairs team, and might even have a shot at the Jr national title this year. Lets hope they can keep it up.

  12. #12
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Thanks so much. I think its great that they already have sbs triples under their belts. This team may be another top level Cdn pairs team, and might even have a shot at the Jr national title this year. Lets hope they can keep it up.
    And this was their first international competition. Not bad at all.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    calgary, canada
    Posts
    176
    This team may be another top level Cdn pairs team, and might even have a shot at the Jr national title this year
    I don't think there's any 'even' about their shot at the Junior National title. Even before this competition I would have said that they were the co-favourites for the Junior National title, along with Brittany Jones/Kurtis Gaskell. This competition confirmed that.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    I don't think there's any 'even' about their shot at the Junior National title. Even before this competition I would have said that they were the co-favourites for the Junior National title, along with Brittany Jones/Kurtis Gaskell. This competition confirmed that.
    That's great. I wish I had heard of this team before this competition. I really can't wait to see an actual video of their programs (I missed their FS). It'll be nice to see some healthy competition for the junior title this year. It will be good for Jones/Gaskell as well if they have to fight for their title, not just sit back and have it handed to them.

  15. #15
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    I don't think there's any 'even' about their shot at the Junior National title. Even before this competition I would have said that they were the co-favourites for the Junior National title, along with Brittany Jones/Kurtis Gaskell. This competition confirmed that.
    Just to clarify, Jones/Gaskell already have the Canadian Junior National title, so will be competing senior this year, as will Hole/Johnson I believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •