Finlandia Trophy | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy

mayamae_55

Rinkside
JSF announced entries for the Finlandia Trophy yesterday.

Men-
Takahito Mura
Daisuke Murakami
Daisuke Takahashi

Ladies-
Aki Sawada
Nana Takeda

Takahito desparately needs to get himself on the podium to earn points to get a ticket to Vancouver- he has great jumps (super high 3A, a 50-50 4T) and his basic skating is improving too.
It will be Dai Takahashi's first competition in more than 1 1/2 years. Almost positive that he will win the gold if he performs okay- depending on the other candidates in the Men's.
Let's see how well Dai Murakami can appeal himself to the judges in his first Seniors competition. A good performance here, the NHK, and the Japan Nationals, will get him a ticket to the 4CC beating the other candidates (like Nanri, Nakaniwa) - and 2 slots to the GPS next season.

Nana Takeda slipped in the NHK TBA slot in the last minute. She didn't do well in the GPS last year due to leg injury- which in my guess, has a lot to do with overweight :no:) If she gets herself shaped up, she can get her jumps back (3T-3T, Flip at least- can give up Lz) , her other elements are steady and she can get a PB with 160+. She needs it
Aki Sawada- anyone remember her? Was one of the top skaters in the Juniors during 2004- 2005- 2006, one of the best jumpers. Has been suffering through 2 seasons from overweight. Takeshi Honda has been looking after her jumps from last season (as well as Mai Asada, Mao's sister), and it's all up to her jumps if she can survive in the Japanese Ladies' field or not.
)

Any info on other entries, anyone?

Kati

On the Ice
From the host country

Ladies:
Kiira Korpi
Laura Lepistö
Susanna Pöykiö

Men:
Mikko Minkkinen
Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari
Valtter Virtanen

Dance:
Oksana Klimova-Sasha Palomäki

(According to their interviews in Finnish Figure Skating Magazine, Taitoluistelulehti, they will all go to Finlandia Trophy))

mayamae_55

Rinkside
From the host country

Ladies:
Kiira Korpi
Laura Lepistö
Susanna Pöykiö

Men:
Mikko Minkkinen
Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari
Valtter Virtanen

Dance:
Oksana Klimova-Sasha Palomäki

(According to their interviews in Finnish Figure Skating Magazine, Taitoluistelulehti, they will all go to Finlandia Trophy))

Oh WOW!
So all the 3 Finnish Ladies GPS qualifiers are competing as a warm-up competition! All of them could hit the podium. FYI the three ladies are called "fairies" among Japanese skating fans and they're very popular:love:
Kiira practically will have to face TEB without any rest... wow. Good luck to her!!

I see veterans on the Mens, fresh faces on the Dance. Good luck to all of them!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Does Takahito Mura really have that much of a shot? I would assume a healthy Takahashi, along with Oda and Kozuka pretty much have those slots to Vancouver locked up.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
USFS posted their entries on the International Assignments page of their site on Sept. 4: Stephen Carriere, Alexander Johnson (his first senior international), Becky Bereswill, Molly Oberstar, and Jane Summersett/Todd Gilles.

bibi

On the Ice
Does anyone know if Jenni Vahamaa will attempt? I hope to see her skate soon!! :)

Wrlmy

Medalist
Oh I've been wondering what happened to Aki Sawada since the TEB fiasco back in 2007. Good to know she's still skating.
So excited to see Daisuke!!

Nirti

Medalist
Entries are online :

MEN
Van Der Perren Kevin BEL
Martinez Ian CAN
Brezina Michal CZE
Minkkinen Mikko FIN
Nurmenkari Ari-Pekka FIN
Virtanen Valtter FIN
Brummer Clemens GER
Liebers Peter GER
Bacchini Paolo ITA
Zelenka Karel ITA
Mura Takahito JPN
Murakami Daisuke JPN
Takahashi Daisuke JPN
Domanski Przemyslaw POL
Menshov Konstantin RUS
Voronov Sergei RUS
Berntsson Kristoffer SWE
Sazonets Vitali UKR
Carriere Stephen USA
Johnson Alex USA

LADIES

Frank Kerstin AUT
Samson Myriane CAN
Ikonnikova Olga EST
Korpi Kiira FIN
Lepistö Laura FIN
Pöykiö Susanna FIN
Dytrt Annette GER
Hecken Sarah GER
McCorkell Jenna GBR
Marchei Valentina ITA
Sawada Aki JPN
Takeda Nana JPN
Doronina Ksenia RUS
Leonova Alena RUS
Helgesson Joshi SWE
Helgesson Viktoria SWE
Bereswill Becky USA
Oberstar Molly USA

ICE DANCE

Geil Kira-Matsyuk Dmytro AUT
Kiudmaa Kristina-Trohlev Aleksei EST
Lindholm Henna-Kanervo Ossi FIN
Beier Christina-Beier William GER
Herrmann Carolina-Herrmann Daniel GER
Kerr Sinead-Kerr John GBR
Towler-Green Phillippa-Poole Phillip GBR
Hoffmann Nora-Zavozin Maxim HUN
Pajardi Isabella-Caruso Stefano ITA
Platonova Anastasia-Grachev Alexander RUS
Beknazarova Alla-Zuyev Vladimir UKR
Frolenkova Nadezhda-Kasalo Mikhail UKR
Summerset Jane-Gilles Todd USA

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Lots of interesting skate off in the entries ... Dytrt vs Hecken and Zelenka vs Bacchini will star competing against each other for the olympic spots.. I'm curious too about which Helgesson sister comes on top and I really want one of Liebers or Brummer to step up and possibly be in Vancouver instead of Lindemann.:agree: Plust the return of Doronina and Marchei!:clap:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lots of participants, WOW! Besides, there are many that I have not seen live earlier and also many that I enjoy seeing again. I can hardly wait.....

Kati

On the Ice
Latest news: Annette Dytrt and Ksenia Doronina are out, FUMIE SUGURI and KATARINA GERBOLT in!