Finlandia Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I was there! Takahashi was great, he had quite a few people from the Japanese media following him, and surprisingly many Japanese fans too.
His program was very good and intense, he seemed to skate clean until the last second when he fell on which was supposed to be his ending pose. It was quite funny, he laughed himself about it. Otherwise everything was great, clean jumps and superb step sequences.

Carriere came in second, he skated clean and I liked the choreography more than last year. Don't remember any details about the program though.

I liked Voronov, but then, I always do, I can't even explain why, his skating posture could be a lot better and all, but somehow he's so cute! He made a 4T (maybe UR)+1T, 3A and another clean triple jump. Good, regarding that he had some serious trouble with the jumps during warm-up. His new program looked promising, as did Kristoffer Berntssons, he's such a crowd pleaser, and tonight he skated well as well, he was very pleased with the performance, not necessarily with the score. He did 3A, 3Z+3T but double-footed the flip.

KVDP had a new tangoish short program, the costume wasn't bad at all, on his scale at least, but the jumps weren't there tonight. He doubled two jumps, didn't even try a combo. Hope he recovers tomorrow!

All in all, you could see it's the beginning of the season, not many clean programs, but otherwise it was nice, the line-up in men is still quite good.

I found this blog about the Finlandia Trophy on the official homepage: It's about the results, the programs etc.

http://finlandiatrophy.blogspot.com/

W O W, takahashi's program is amazing, i love the music a lot! and steps and spins :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCYcmrLJUE

Thanks for your information. Much appreciated. I am not a tango fan, but yes, Takahashi did well. The top four guys didn't reach their PBs though, right?

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Thank you for all the information!! Welcome back, Dai-chan:clap::clap: I'm so happy!

In the interview, he said his legs had trembled for the strain, but he would feel more strain as he would show his new LP for the first time.

I've found the longer version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQnGeEE5F4

The reaction of the flower girl whom Daisuke hugged was so cute.:laugh:

life684

Final Flight
From a russian post:

Ice Dancing results after OD:

1. Sinead KERR / John KERR (GBR) 86,83
2. Alla BEKNAZAROVA / Vladimir ZUYEV (UKR) 80,2
3. Anastasia PLATONOVA / Alexander GRACHEV (RUS) 79,37
5. Christina BEIER / William BEIER (GER) 72,04
4. Jane SUMMERSET / Todd GILLES (USA) 67,98

Kerrs extend their lead over rest of the pack with close battle for silver and bronze between pairs from Ukraine and Russia.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
From a russian post:

Ice Dancing results after OD:

1. Sinead KERR / John KERR (GBR) 86,83
2. Alla BEKNAZAROVA / Vladimir ZUYEV (UKR) 80,2
3. Anastasia PLATONOVA / Alexander GRACHEV (RUS) 79,37
5. Christina BEIER / William BEIER (GER) 72,04
4. Jane SUMMERSET / Todd GILLES (USA) 67,98

Kerrs extend their lead over rest of the pack with close battle for silver and bronze between pairs from Ukraine and Russia.
That's not a great score for the Kerrs - a 52-point something OD is well beneath their PB and similar to what Z/Z got at the Nebelhorn. And the Kerrs are the top team at FT, unlike the Zaretskis in Oberstdorf. Did something go wrong?

life684

Final Flight
That's not a great score for the Kerrs - a 52-point something OD is well beneath their PB and similar to what Z/Z got at the Nebelhorn. And the Kerrs are the top team at FT, unlike the Zaretskis in Oberstdorf. Did something go wrong?

According to twitter, she completely messed up the midline step sequence and one of the twizzles and scores 52.72.

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Ok, thanks to the nice person doing PBP on twitter :clap: unofficial results are :

01.Leonova 56.24
02.Korpi 54.71
03.Poykio 54.64
04.Suguri 54.07
05.Samson 53.67
06.Lepisto 53.45
07.Helgesson V. 52.66
08.Gerboldt 52.47
09.McCorkell 49.93
10.Marchei 49.77
11.Sawada 47.06
12.Berewswill 45.06
13.Takeda 41.79
14.Oberstar 41.48
15.Helgesson J. 39.31

Ikonnikova's scores are missing though.

Very surprisde seeing Samson so high.. Ane Leonova leads even with a fall!! Ouch for Joshie ..

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Ane Leonova leads even with a fall!!

She fell on the entrance of her flip (or after flip? people say different things...), but then stood up and landed 3F, but couldn't add 2T (she planned to do 3F-2T), so she did 3Lz-2T. She landed all of her jumps and I have no ideas why she fell. Anyway, we will see video later. Very good for her :clap: I like this girl sooo much and cheer for her! And glad for Katarina Gerboldt too :agree:

Last edited:

casken

On the Ice
I saw the Kerrs OD and they messed up the last part of the side by side step sequence as well as the twizzles.

Even without the mistakes, there still hasn't been improvement with the partnering, closeness, and line issues they had in the past, and the program itself is only just "ok". The music choice and a few choreographic touches that play to the audience will probably make it popular with casual viewers and people who already like the Kerrs, but I don't think it'll win many converts or move them up.

Oscilla

On the Ice
Takahashi: FS 142.63 Total 225.85
The notes on jumps and scores from all the competitors can be found here:
http://twitter.com/patinaggio

ETA: Thanks for the protocols, Hsuhs!

Congrats to Voronov for winning the LP. By tiny margin, but still. :)

Brezina is also coming back from injury, isn't he? I hope he gets better as the season goes on. I loved him at Nebelhorn last season.

It seems that Murakami has caught a Zayak bug from Oda while training on the same rink. Morozov will have a fit! :laugh:

Last edited: