Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stats for ladies from 2008-09 season

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    I'm surprised to see Mao's salchow percentage is so low, I thought that's one of her strongest jumps.
    Really? Mao very rarely attempts a 3Salchow in competition. That's why her percentage is so low for that element. I've only seen her land it twice in competition cleanly, and that was at last season's NHK Trophy and Grand Prix Final. She singled it and fell at Trophee Eric Bompard and didn't even attempt it at 4CC, Worlds, and the World Team Trophy.

Maybe ae9177 meant to say the loop...?

Custom Title

Thumbs up

Jump composition comparison is awesome!! Great job again

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    if you could separate out double jumps from triple jumps, I would find it more reflective of the skater's jumping skills. Also, downgrades and GOEs also need to be taken into account within the same analytical framework.
    Thanx for your comment. Yes, I can separate them.
    But I'm little bit doubtful how informative or interesting it would be.
    You know, DGs, GOEs, Revolution ... all those things summed into 'score' after all.
    But I made a table for 'jump scores' part already, as first stat in this thread.
    Can I make any more interesting stat for jumps? I'm not sure about that.

But I would certainly chew on this later.
    If you have better idea, feel free to tell me about that.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by poorScorer View Post
    Thanx for your comment. Yes, I can separate them.
    But I'm little bit doubtful how informative or interesting it would be.
    You know, DGs, GOEs, Revolution ... all those things summed into 'score' after all.
    But I made a table for 'jump scores' part already, as first stat in this thread.
    Can I make any more interesting stat for jumps? I'm not sure about that.
    Thank you poorScorer---you really should change your name!

Separating out the double jumps and triple jumps and measuring the skater's triple jump diversity will enable us to assess if skaters would be scored differently if a new judging protocol to award skaters for being able to jump all 5 triples were to be adopted.

Examining DGs and GOEs is interesting because it enables us to see what exactly judges see as being worthy of positive/negative GOEs. For example, there may be some skaters who are awarded positive GOEs despite getting wrong-edge calls or underrotation, and vice versa. Is it the position in the air? Is it the distance/height that influences GOEs? Is it the entry speed? Is it the flow out of the jump? It would be interesting to examine this.
    Last edited by hurrah; 09-15-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3