French Masters | Golden Skate

French Masters

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I figured I may as well start a thread, since it's this week.

Here's the list of participants that the FFSG put up a while ago. It seems a bit out of date: Candice Didier is apparently out with an injury, Kim Lucine may have retired (?) and AFAIK Findlay/Richaud have split. The media guide is here, with what I assume is a more recent list.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
What exactly is French Masters? Wikipedia is being unhelpful.
It's an early-season national competition for French skaters. This is where they usually show their programs for the first time and I think it's used for monitoring their progress by the federation.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pechalat and Bourzat and Blanc & Bouquet will be there, debuting their new programs :love: I hope that videos will become available.!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
SP scores and reports from Passion Patinage:

Pairs: James/Bonheur 46.55, Canac/Coia 44.79 (she fell on the SBS jump), Chataigner/Bouzzine 39.80.

Men: Amodio 75.87, Joubert 75.79 (bad landing on the 4T? no combo), Preaubert 75.53, Ponsero 70.02 (a mistake on the quad I think). Apparently everybody made mistakes but Florent made the fewest ;).

There are also some practice photos. Gotta love Nathalie's boots.

ETA: competition pictures.

Last edited:

Danale

On the Ice
Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awwwwwww, two of my husbands, Yannick Ponsero & Fabian Bourzat!!!:love::love::love::bow::clap::rock::p

Thanks for posting the links!!!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
SP scores and reports from Passion Patinage:

Men: Amodio 75.87, Joubert 75.79 (bad landing on the 4T? no combo), Preaubert 75.53, Ponsero 70.02 (a mistake on the quad I think). Apparently everybody made mistakes but Florent made the fewest ;).

Compared to Plushenko's first competition: 95.05 :disapp:

Danale

On the Ice
Compared to Plushenko's first competition: 95.05 :disapp:
Wasn't it a different scoring system for Plushenko's comp?
Not that Plushenko's jumps weren't awesome, of course, but I'm not sure the results are comparable.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Thank god, I'm a country girl! :biggrin:
And while I'm on the fashion police business, what's with Ponsero's outfit?
Yannick was never known for his great fashion sense. I liked Alban's, though.

Other than that, even taking into account the fact that it's French skaters, who by definition are voidy, the costumes are just beyond bizarre.

Re Brian, I think he may have gotten too fixated on the new LP and his concentration and focus suffered. But who knows.

museksk8r, surely you wouldn't marry Fabian with him dressed like that, and in such dire need of a haircut :biggrin:.

Danale

On the Ice
Official SP results from the FFSG link that Buttercup posted:

Men
1 Florent AMODIO 75.87
2 Brian JOUBERT 75.79
3 Alban PREAUBERT 75.53
4 Yannick PONSERO 70.02

Dance
1 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabien BOURZAT 57.64
2 Zoe BLANC / Pierre-Loup BOUQUET 52.85
3 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES 48.36
4 Olga ORLOVA / Mathieu JOST 45.31

Couples
1 Vanessa JAMES / Yannick BONHEUR 46.55
2 Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA 44.79
3 Melodie CHATAIGNIER / Medhi BOUZZINE 39.80

Ladies
1 Gwendoline DIDIER 49.83
2 Vincianne FORTIN 34.93

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
From what I read on Passion patinage, Brian badly landed his 4T, possibly two footed, a 3A, and a 3Lz.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
James/Bonheur won the pairs with 92.60 on the LP/139.15 overall. They'll have to do better than that during the season.

It's currently being shown on orange event 2 but with no sound. Gwendolyn Didier (bright yellow dress over what looks like a sparkly black bra) got 79.47 LP/129.30 total. Ice resurface next.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
good to know that cause I just opened it on kiss and cry of didier and thought I have gone deaf...
it is a bit annoying but ok, from nothing..

Buttercup

Record Breaker
good to know that cause I just opened it on kiss and cry of didier and thought I have gone deaf...
it is a bit annoying but ok, from nothing..
I would have thought it was my computer/internet connection. but people were complaining on FSU as well.

The video is good, though; Didier's UR on the 3Lz was so obvious even I picked up on it!