Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: French Masters

Custom Title
    Is it me or does Brian's spins look much better?
    The step sequence looked great ... Yeah, I think this LP will grow on me.
    Especially if I'll hear the music!

I really like Florent

Quote Originally Posted by Danale View Post
    Is it me or does Brian's spins look much better?
    The step sequence looked great ... Yeah, I think this LP will grow on me.
    Especially if I'll hear the music!
    yep, he worked with Lucinda Ruh.

When an amateur video is on the internet I'll post it here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    God the FFSG's gonna have trouble shoosing the second skater to go to the Olys!
    You mean Brian or Alban?

You mean Brian or Alban?
    Come on Joubert is going. Yes Florent had a good competition but he has also bombed (big time in the past) like at Junior Worlds. It's really early in the season too.

Custom Title
    Oh, I know, way too early ... just kidding
    But, truth be told, Florent was impressive today.

Oh, I know, way too early ... just kidding
    But, truth be told, Florent was impressive today.
    Oh I love Florent and wouldn't mind seeing him on the Olympic team... But one of them will be Joubert. I mean Joubert almost always looks a bit shaky at the beginning of the season.

I just hope that Joubert continues to train the program and doesn't take out choregraphy this early.

Yeah, but so far Florent has had one competition where he bombed big during the last 12 months, and that's Junior Worlds. He was fine at French Nationals, on the JGP... If he proves himself in the next few months, that spot at the Olympics could very well be his. Préaubert will never get good PCS and Euros 2009 was probably the only clean long program that Ponsero will ever gift us with.

Yeah Florent! Is Brian only 3rd? He also went Zayak, as far as I've seen it...

Custom Title
    Florent rocked! That was fantastic, even with the errors.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I combined the masters with music from rythmic's Worlds Championship and it worked well

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Yeah, but so far Florent has had one competition where he bombed big during the last 12 months, and that's Junior Worlds. He was fine at French Nationals, on the JGP... If he proves himself in the next few months, that spot at the Olympics could very well be his. Préaubert will never get good PCS and Euros 2009 was probably the only clean long program that Ponsero will ever gift us with.

Well yeah I agree, I'd send Florent over Preaubert and Ponsero. But Brian went Zayak. WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY THINKING What happened to having a plan and executing it...
    Last edited by bekalc; 09-12-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Is Brian only 3rd?
    Second, I think.

Well, but it's good to know that Brian is trying. The program looked really difficult, some of those arm movements were practically graceful and balletic (though maybe I shouldn't write this - he'll probably take them out if people start telling him he looked graceful), I am also a fan of Brian's skating skills, he has good posture, speed and more power than everyone else over the ice. Let's hope this is his typical shaky start of the season (last season he lost against Préaubert at the same competition) and apparently the size of the rink really bothered him.

But Florent rocked! I just wish that he had a bit more power, he looks very delicate and soft out there, especially on his jump landings... The 3A looks much bigger than last year, the first one was special.

Second, I think.
    Hmm, on Passion Patinage someone posted 215,79 points for Brian - that would be just slightly in front of Ponsero and behind Préaubert, who had over 217 (and he at least landed a Quad).

I think Brian was 3rd on the LP (will he ever win one?) and 2nd overall, the person on Passion Patinage posted an incorrect score (probably). My connection came and went so I didn't really see much of the program, but am pretty sure he got 145 for the LP. At least the costume is not appalling.

Florent bombed at Junior Worlds and skated badly at the WTT. The FFSG will have a tough decision to make. Alban has PCS issues, Yannick will probably never skate two clean programs at the same event, and Florent is too unpredictable.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast