Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: French Masters

Custom Title
    It sucks there are only 2 spots for French men at Vancouver. I wanna see them all there :(

If I were in the French federation situation. I will send them this way : The top 3 at the Grand Prix will go to Euros (unless the fourth guy at GP wins Nationals which is possible) . Then the best 2 at Euros go to Vancouver. Is simple and will push the guys to work harder and probably avoid too much drama. We dont want another Dambier/Contesti fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    It sucks there are only 2 spots for French men at Vancouver. I wanna see them all there :(

If I were in the French federation situation. I will send them this way : The top 3 at the Grand Prix will go to Euros (unless the fourth guy at GP wins Nationals which is possible) . Then the best 2 at Euros go to Vancouver. Is simple and will push the guys to work harder and probably avoid too much drama. We dont want another Dambier/Contesti fiasco.
    Yeah, that's how they did that last year too - and it was a disaster. The problem is - Préaubert gets bad, bad PCS - Amodio is so new, they won't give him more than 65, max. 70 points on PCS in international competitions. So Ponsero, who has a reputation for his amazing skating skills and well-centered spins, only needs to skate halfway clean at Euros to beat either Préaubert or Amodio. Then he can go to the Olympics and bomb as badly as he did last year at Worlds. I really like Ponsero, but what a headcase!

Oh, and the WTT argument with Florent? His season was basically over with Junior Worlds, it was his very first international senior competition... It's not like he has tons of experience like Ponsero.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh, and the WTT argument with Florent? His season was basically over with Junior Worlds, it was his very first international senior competition... It's not like he has tons of experience like Ponsero.
    Florent still skated badly. I think he may well have a very bright future, but so far he has not been that consistent, and that's something to be taken into account. Maybe the FFSG will send him anyway, just to set him up as a contender for the next Olympics; after all, nobody expected much of Joubert in SLC. But like Brian in 2002, Florent will have to earn his ticket.

On to other matters: Alban looked like he's skating an EX rather than an LP. Not sure that costume is the way to go, and I'm not sold on the program, either. But maybe actual sound will help with that.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 09-12-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Yeah, that's how they did that last year too - and it was a disaster. The problem is - Préaubert gets bad, bad PCS - Amodio is so new, they won't give him more than 65, max. 70 points on PCS in international competitions. So Ponsero, who has a reputation for his amazing skating skills and well-centered spins, only needs to skate halfway clean at Euros to beat either Préaubert or Amodio. Then he can go to the Olympics and bomb as badly as he did last year at Worlds. I really like Ponsero, but what a headcase!

Well the thing is at the Olympics, there's really nothing to lose for the French so if Ponsero earns the Olympics, why the heck not. What they should NOT do is send Ponsero to Worlds next year. Send either Amadio/Preaubert with Joubert.

Kind of like how the Japanese got away with sending Daisuke (who was very inconsistent) back in the day to the Olympics, and then sent Oda who was a bit more consistent) to Worlds.

But seriously when it comes to Olympic qualifying events like Worlds, federations are dumb when they don't send their most consistent teams, rather than the wild cards. The time to take a chance on a Czisny/Ponsero IS NOT when you need them to help you qualify for anything. To do so, only adds more pressure to already fragile skaters.
    Last edited by bekalc; 09-12-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Florent still skated badly. I think he may well have a very bright future, but so far he has not been that consistent, and that's something to be taken into account. Maybe the FFSG will send him anyway, just to set him up as a contender for the next Olympics; after all, nobody expected much of Joubert in SLC. But like Brian in 2002, Florent will have to earn this ticket.
    So I take it you are not a fan of the baby-frenchie?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    some of those arm movements were practically graceful and balletic
    there were balletic but i dont know about graceful , they looked like something allien on him, but he tries and this is good. Some part in the beginning was too slow with movements, maybe with music it fits better, his costume is not bad but why he doesnt go for another fabric?I didnt like the golden things crossing around his legs...
    Amodio looked fresh and fast, and so enjoyable, adorable program!I m curious about music!
    I so like Preubert with his rock choices every year but my worst issue of his posture is his arms, they just hang left and right like a puppet's...

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    there were balletic but i dont know about graceful , they looked like something allien on him, but he tries and this is good. Some part in the beginning was too slow with movements, maybe with music it fits better, his costume is not bad but why he doesnt go for another fabric?I didnt like the golden things crossing around his legs...
    Amodio looked fresh and fast, and so enjoyable, adorable program!I m curious about music!
    I so like Preubert with his rock choices every year but my worst issue of his posture is his arms, they just hang left and right like a puppet's...
    I don't know if graceful arms is alien to Joubert. His arms were graceful and went with the music on his Hallelujah exhibition last year and it worked for him. I think we'd have to hear the music.

So I take it you are not a fan of the baby-frenchie?
    Actually, I think he's super cute and I've enjoyed what little I've seen of his skating. I'm just pointing out that he's not that consistent at this point in his career. He's also not that young - older than Chan, and the same age Joubert was when he won his first European title. On the other hand, some skaters take longer to get to a point where they perform consistently. It's too early to say how Florent's career - and 2009-10 season - will turn out.

Custom Title
    No surprises in Dance. Fabian's arrow thing looks a bit freakish w/o the music - doen't it?
    And did anyone catch who took third? My internet connection thinks the competition is over.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    His arms were graceful and went with the music on his Hallelujah exhibition last year and it worked for him. I think we'd have to hear the music.
    Yes thats true, i think if he practices his program a lot, the hands will probably come more natural, thats all With music of course we will have a better idea!

Funny medal ceremony for the men - looks like Brian forgot to show up. Florent and Alban were waiting on the podium when Brian showed up running from backstage. Everyone seemed to think that was pretty amusing.

I like the color of Nathalie's costume. Not sure about the skirt, though. And Fabian still needs a haircut. And who did Zoe Blanc's costumes this season? They're awful.

Danale - Carron/Jones were predictably third.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Funny medal ceremony for the men - looks like Brian forgot to show up. Florent and Alban were waiting on the podium when Brian showed up running from backstage. Everyone seemed to think that was pretty amusing.

I like the color of Nathalie's costume. Not sure about the skirt, though. And Fabian still needs a haircut. And who did Zoe Blanc's costumes this season? They're awful.

Danale - Carron/Jones were predictably third.
    Thanks.
    And I agree on all the costumes comments. Especially the haircut, too primal.

Custom Title
    I prefer much more M. Jost/Olga brunette Domnina than Pernelle Carron/ Lloyd Jones.

Banned
    Guys, how do you like Peshalat-Bourzat FD? Maybe someone will download video on yotube from Masters?

Custom Title
    Does this mean Carron/Jones will get to skate at Bompard. ?? I was hoping for Orlova/Jost. I can't wait to see their Bjork FD.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast