French Masters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

French Masters

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I guess I am the minority but I did not see anything new the clip of Brian training the new program. At first i though "oh, no it is the Matrix again" because the opening chreo is exactly the same. It is kind of sad how everybody, including himself had the best dreams for him back in 2005 and now I think he would be very lucky to get on the olympic podium.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I guess I am the minority but I did not see anything new the clip of Brian training the new program. At first i though "oh, no it is the Matrix again" because the opening chreo is exactly the same. It is kind of sad how everybody, including himself had the best dreams for him back in 2005 and now I think he would be very lucky to get on the olympic podium.

I say watch the program. This time at the very least Brian's program's choregraphy doesn't appear to be nearly as empty.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Joubert told the media that he remains confident in his new LP, that despite the mistakes he enjoys skating it, and that he feels it can be a winning program. He attributed the jump problems to being a bit overweight (didn't look like it to me, but if that's how he feels...) and said that he'll go back to training immediately with the goal of being 100% at the Olympics.

Here's the original Matrix (2006 Worlds version). How is it the same opening? There are some similarities in the two programs but those are due mostly to Joubert's style of skating.

It's hard to say at this point how Joubert will do this season. Last year he was 2nd at the Masters with a bad LP, and had an up and down season, but still won a GP, won Euros, and medalled at Worlds. To dismiss - based on some news footage and an early season performance shown without sound - the chances of the only skater who since the last Olympics has finished on the Worlds podium and the Euros podium (or the equivalent in 4CC) every single season, strikes me as premature. And by the only skater, I mean in all four disciplines. That's how consistent Joubert has been since Torino, despite injuries, illness, and coaching dramas.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Joubert told the media that he remains confident in his new LP, that despite the mistakes he enjoys skating it, and that he feels it can be a winning program. He attributed the jump problems to being a bit overweight (didn't look like it to me, but if that's how he feels...) and said that he'll go back to training immediately with the goal of being 100% at the Olympics.

Here's the original Matrix (2006 Worlds version). How is it the same opening? There are some similarities in the two programs but those are due mostly to Joubert's style of skating.

It's hard to say at this point how Joubert will do this season. Last year he was 2nd at the Masters with a bad LP, and had an up and down season, but still won a GP, won Euros, and medalled at Worlds. To dismiss - based on some news footage and an early season performance shown without sound - the chances of the only skater who since the last Olympics has finished on the Worlds podium and the Euros podium (or the equivalent in 4CC) every single season, strikes me as premature. And by the only skater, I mean in all four disciplines. That's how consistent Joubert has been since Torino, despite injuries, illness, and coaching dramas.

Not just that but hasn't the last two seasons, Joubert peaked at Worlds. Say what you will about Joubert but he knows how to peak at the right times. He blew it a bit at worlds, but that program was the best long he had skated in awhile. And at worlds last year too the same thing.

I think the fact that he has a long program he's happy with, and I hope he keeps because it has choregraphy and content. I think that's going to be really helpful to him because he won't be trying to learn a new program right before the Olympics. He can instead just focus on getting it consistent.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Passion Patinage got some comments from the skaters. Here's what Brian Joubert had to say:
  • He wants to be regarded as more than a jumper, the interpretation is important to him and he feels with this program and his choreographers he can do that and be a more complete skater.
  • He planned to do two quads at the Masters but it didn't work out. He needs to lose some weight to help with the jumps.
  • Skating after the Olympics: he definitely plans to go on but not sure for how long. The old plan to skate pairs has finally been laid to rest; Brian admits he's not suited for it ;).
Meanwhile, Florent Amodio finds it hard to believe that he won, and he's really happy... He says that to beat skaters he admires is very special.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Passion Patinage got some comments from the skaters. Here's what Brian Joubert had to say:
  • He wants to be regarded as more than a jumper, the interpretation is important to him and he feels with this program and his choreographers he can do that and be a more complete skater.
  • He planned to do two quads at the Masters but it didn't work out. He needs to lose some weight to help with the jumps.
  • Skating after the Olympics: he definitely plans to go on but not sure for how long. The old plan to skate pairs has finally been laid to rest; Brian admits he's not suited for it ;).
Meanwhile, Florent Amodio finds it hard to believe that he won, and he's really happy... He says that to beat skaters he admires is very special.

:rock:

And he said that he needed to loose weight - will he ever lear?:laugh:

I'm thrilled that Brian is staying.:bow:

I'm usually sceptical when Brian says "I'm feeling fine" after giving a bad performance - it reminds me of the 05/06 season - but I couldn't agree more with his analysis on his program. Go Brian!

seniorita

Record Breaker
In fsu I saw a link of Joubs long program but it doesnt work, it begun to load since I left home in the morning and now i came back and has loaded the first 17 seconds, what I can hear of the music is a pompous intro, i like those :)
why he thinks he is overweight???

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Of course :) this is the link but I ll try to grab it and upload it somewhere else cause there is something wrong with the page, (but it doesnt grab with usual means)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=figureskating&no=621434&page=1

and there is also this but without sound (this is all the Lp from the last group)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xagrwk_masters-2009_sport

Thank you so much!:bow: I'm trying to view it and/download it, but I'm having loads of trouble too.

victoria90

On the Ice
video of joubert worked now, after 1.49 it has sort of vocals???he doesnt learn?

I don't really think that's the music cut he's actually skating to. The beginning seemed to match the second part of the music much better, and almost all of the other movements just don't go with the music at all :scratch:. And then the vocals, I'm pretty sure the last thing Brian wants in his programs are vocals after 08 Worlds.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yes now you say it, it is Yag's overcome but reversed, first the slowest part and then the one with vocals, maybe they added on top since there was no sound from Orange?
At least they should have told that to people before downloading...:cool:

in any case this is video of Joubert in avi.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fgjmme0mo4t

And this Amodio's Lp from homevideo with sound,wow again!I love love LOVE the music:love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irVJQYuTKU
edit: Amodio's has also vocals(actual singing), whats going on?