French Masters | Page 5 | Golden Skate

French Masters

seniorita

Record Breaker
It's the French revolution!!!!!:rofl: If we want vocals we will have them!!!!

LOl!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

maybe they are not considered vocals since it is not an actual language heard in both these programs..I dunno...:think:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What I am hoping for is Pechalat / Bourzat and Blanc / Bouquet videos....:bow::bow::love: Not to mention Orlova / Jost's Bjork program

Buttercup

Record Breaker
One of the posters on a Joubert fan forum noticed that his costume seemed very familiar... But not because he'd worn it before. Albena and Maxim have clearly had a big effect on Brian! :laugh:

Videos - apologies if I'm adding links that's already been posted:
Carron/Jones FD. He looks juniorish to me.
Doris, a brand new find for you: the Orlova/Jost FD!

Nothing for P/B and B/B yet.

sternfunken

Rinkside
It's the French revolution!!!!!:rofl: If we want vocals we will have them!!!!:chorus:

Amodio uses the same singing part which Stéphane Lambiel also had in his free skate 2002. It's a song from Cirque du Soleils "Quidam" and it is called "zydeko". I think especially music from Cirque du Soleil is allowed in figure skating, because they often sing in a fantasy language.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Amodio uses the same singing part which Stéphane Lambiel also had in his free skate 2002. It's a song from Cirque du Soleils "Quidam" and it is called "zydeko". I think especially music from Cirque du Soleil is allowed in figure skating, because they often sing in a fantasy language.

You're probably right as the rule is that you can have vocals as long as there are no proper lyrics ie; understandable words.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
One of the posters on a Joubert fan forum noticed that his costume seemed very familiar... But not because he'd worn it before. Albena and Maxim have clearly had a big effect on Brian! :laugh:

Videos - apologies if I'm adding links that's already been posted:
Carron/Jones FD. He looks juniorish to me.
Doris, a brand new find for you: the Orlova/Jost FD!

Nothing for P/B and B/B yet.

Ooh thanks a lot for the links Buttercup. I must say though that I'm dissapointed in both programs. Generic lifts and choreography with no relation to the music that is just background. And IMO that is a big No, No in Ice Dance. Even though I knew they didn't get along the combination of Carron/Jost was soo much better than watching now both of them skating with much lesser talended partners.

victoria90

On the Ice
Brian's LP.
As a huge fan of Brian, I feel like I should go to Bulgaria and hug Albena and Maxim and thank them a thousand times.
And it has vocals! :laugh:

Wicked

Final Flight
I don't like Brian's style or his competitive programs. I do tend to like his exhibition skates, though. I was surprised last year by how much I liked his SP. Just watched this LP. I really liked it. The choreo is good and suits him. I didn't hate the costume. I'm shocked!

enlight78

Medalist
Brian long program is a little improvement from his usuall. Yes there is more substantial choreography but it is jagged. None of choreography flows into or is conected to the elements except once or twice.

Amadio looks great. Wow, love the short; especially the first step sequence. Cant wait to see how he does in the GP. After looking at Amadio's it really reflects how brian program program is kinda empty and needs to be " pulled together".

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
after seeing the whole program i have more respect for it, i do agree that there is muc more chreographic content than his freeskates of the past which is always a good thing. I just hope it does not get "watered down" by the olympics. i like the msic, but the vocals make me slightly nervous. i am very surprised he is taking that risk again. even if ISI officals okay it in France, why chance the olympic committe?