James Garner To Appear In Ritter's Show | Golden Skate

James Garner To Appear In Ritter's Show

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
New Actor Chosen For Ritter's '8 Rules'

Hollywood veteran James Garner will do a guest star arc in four episodes of ABC's "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" with the sole purpose of transitioning the sitcom through the tricky plot line of the death of John Ritter's character. Ritter died suddenly on September 11 from a rare heart ailment.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Garner will play the father of Katey Sagal's character, the widowed Cate Hennessy, "who comes to support his daughter and three teenage grandchildren as they grapple with grief and the harsh realities of becoming a single-parent family." Production on the series, which has been halted since Ritter's death, begins Monday even though the details of the story line are still being worked out. It is expected to air in early November and will run one hour.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I don't know if this show is going to be any good without JOhn Ritter.
I for one think its odd that they are continuing without him.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think they're continuing out of love and respect for Ritter... he believed strongly in the sitcom and I think they feel it's a lasting tribute to try to keep going on without him... I applaud their efforts... I STILL have not caught the show on TV :( but from what I hear it's something special :)