Update on Rosaleen Kaye | Golden Skate

Update on Rosaleen Kaye

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a quick update on Rose!

As most of you know, Rose is paralyzed from the neck down on her right side due to the stroke she suffered last year. She can stand up, but is otherwise confined to a wheelchair as she is unable to transfer her weight - yet. It's a struggle for her to speak and she is using "yes/no" and "hi/bye", but otherwise uses her hand for thumbs up/down gestures.
Her diabetes seems to be in control, however, since she's allowed to take short trips, she can't seem to resist her chips and chocolate! Feel free to send her a card or note if you like to:

Banfield Pavilion
Attn: Rosaleen Kaye
Room 320-02
855 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9

Other Updates:
Update as of: 01/10/10 by pjkwong
Update as of: 12/10/09 by Nadine
Update as of: 11/19/09 by Nadine
Update as of: 10/12/09 by kalamalka

As of: 9/14/09

Hey all!

Rose was moved from acute care to "long-term" rehab on Friday. She is very alert and aware, however, still unable to speak. She is getting very tired of the food (which is good news :))! Her mother said she has color in her cheeks and that her diabetes is getting under control.

Hi everyone,

As many of you already know, Rose (who has contributed in the past to GS for events) suffered a stroke about 10 days ago. The stroke was brought on by her diabetic condition and that is what she is currently being treated for at this time.

Rose is currently paralyzed on her right side and is unable to speak. She is able to communicate by blinking her eyes and using the fingers on her left hand. Her mother hopes to have her moved to rehab after she is out of danger with the diabetes.

As of this morning, Rose is in good spirits and is eating well. Let's keep her in our thoughts and prayers!

Paula

Last edited by a moderator:
What terrible news! We have all enjoyed and appreciated Roseleen's competition reports so much, and especially the glimpses of personality that shine through them.

My heartfelt prayers and good wishes for her recovery.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
More good wishes & prayers for Rosaleen. I always enjoy her reports! May she have a speedy recovery!

I haven't been a forum member for long, but I've read the postings for years. I've felt as if I've been rinkside for competitions, thanks to the reports I've read here. I'll say a prayer for Rosaleen's full recovery, and for her family as well.

Wicked

Final Flight
It warms my heart whenever I see an online community show this kind of caring. Rosaleen will be in my prayers.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
It's always sad whenever something bad happens to a fellow board member. Hope she has a speedy recovery and gets well soon!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I know I m a newbie here but aaaaall the warmest wishes for her recovery with all my heart, I hope every day is better and brighter de9aa682ce6a3aaf972542c8366cfb18.gif