Besides GS Do You Spend Much Time On PC? | Golden Skate

Besides GS Do You Spend Much Time On PC?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lately, I have been spending more and more time in the evening at my computer. Besides, spending time on Golden Skate, I look up information and have attempted to start my Family Tree several times. Genealogy is very time consuming, but fascinating. I have not really dug up much info because I don't have enough family background at hand to go on.

I find it kind of "theraputic" at the same time.

Meisje24

Rinkside
I'm spending a lot of time online too. Specially now the FS season has begun. I check out my favorite MBs: Europe on Ice FSU and Golden Skate.
I also am a puzzle addict. I do all sorts of prize puzzles on the net and have discovered a site with nonograms (japanese puzzles): paint by numbers

Time goes by so quickly on the internet :eek:

Annemarie

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Meisje24:

That sounds interesting! I will have to check that out. Thanks for the reply.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I go in spurts.......I have more time to post on the weekends, but I catch up on the reading of the different threads usually at work during my lunch break........I love researching, looking up different websites........the possibilities are endless...........42

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Yah, I"m a dork with waaay too much time on my hands. I like reading the news online, getting the latest fs gossip, downloading stuff for my sims, and chatting with my friends.

shdotz

On the Ice
Time on Computer

I check in on Katia Gordeeva and a few other sites, and email of course; then I'm off the computer.

Not enough time to research on computer as much as I would like to. Skating has just started again, so I'll be checking in to see what others say and of course checking the TV Schedules.

sh

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Besides GS I check out some of the other skating boards but don't post on them. I do post on a music board sometimes. Most of my internet time is spent looking up things. That leads to links to other things and so on....... Show is right the possibilities are endless. I do use my computer for lots of projects, newsletters, calenders for my Girl scouts and Woman's Club, cards, flyers, banners, making programs. I want to learn to do a web site for my Girl Scout service unit....I am clueless on this. If anyone has any knowledge about how to do this PLEASE PM me, I would greatly appreciate it. Wish that I would have bought stock in the company that makes the ink cartridges for my printer.

Piel

amykaren

On the Ice
I am on the computer alot at night-I go to the weight watchers site or a website about reality shows called joker's updates. I peek into alot of different sites, too like amazon.com or the bachelor site on abc.com. Now that the figure skating season has started, I'll go to golden skate alot more.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm usually online in the evenings - less often than before. I try to check GS and a couple of soap sites every other day. It all depends on what needs to be done that night.

Also, if my dial up service is slow, I just postpone until later. I looked at cable service, but decided the cost was too high for TV service as compared to DirectTV. Sure, I watch a lot of TV, but I don't see the point in paying $80/month for a bunch of stations I don't really need that will just keep in front of the TV longer. DSL isn't an option, yet and Satellite service isn't reliable enough for me. At least with the slower speeds, it keeps my online time down, too.

If I really need to do research, I stay at work for an extra 1/2 hour and take advantage of the faster connection.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad -if you are doing some genealogy research try ancestry.com

I left a message on their message board once and by chance connected with a cousin of mine on my dad's side. He is doing extensive research and I have learned a lot about my dad's family.