Thread: People Have No Consideration For Others

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

People Have No Consideration For Others

I cannot believe people these days. Where I live, they roar in and roar out of the parking lot at my apt. bldg. in their cars at all hours and don't even consider that they might be disturbing others.

They also sit and let their engines run and keep their cars' headlights on.

I have been trying to get to sleep now since about 11:30 pm and it is now 12:52 am. I have been wakened up several times by my neighbours and people in the parking lot. I think it is time to move.

I will be tired tomorrow at work.

That stinks! I hated living in an apartment

for the same reason. I can't complain about my neighbors anymore because they are my parents-lol! (They bought a duplex house and I moved into the other side and we only have woods beside and behind us). One apartment I lived in my bedroom window was right by the parking lot and people in the winter time (at like 6 am) would start up their cars to warm them for 20 mins before they left. That was the worst.

Now, all I have to worry about is not walking on the treadmill real late (because I have to turn the TV up real loud when I am on it).

You can get some headphones that work with a tv and I don't think they are all that expensive. My husband got me some and I could go out in the yard or in the other room, etc. and use them. Got them at Radioshack. They quit working and I sure miss them.
    I had them a long time.

I don't know if this will help Lad, but I run a fan in my bedroom at night 365 days a year. I also have an environmental machine next to my bed that continually runs with sounds of the ocean waves. We live close to a high school, and get a lot of student traffic..........it helps to block out most of the noise. Some people need to have absolute quiet when they sleep, but I'm the opposite. I suffer from tinnitus in both ears, so the humming sound of the fan and the ocean waves help to mask the humming in my ears and any external noise......42

Custom Title
    I'm so glad to hear someone else has a fan addiction! I can't sleep without the sound of a fan. But, speaking of rudeness, I once lived in an apartment with a huge community center behind it. They went through a LONG period of rennovation and it was terrible. I finally had to call the police after a week of jackhammering after 12 A.M.! Who in the hell operates a jackhammer at 12 in the morning?

Bronze.......we've been known to take a fan with us on vacation, just in case the hotel or motel doesn't have adequate "sound masking".......you should see the people stare as we walk down the hallway to our room......... 42

Custom Title
    Show42, LOL, well I think we'd spot each other in the parking lot....both of us lugging around giant fans!

My name is Amy, and I am a fan addict. LOL-it is nice to know there are other fan addicts out there! I keep mine on all year long and always lug it to the hotel if I am staying even one night. Maybe the people that don't sleep with fans on are in the minority...

I use my fan all summer, because I can't breath in here, but I am going to try it for comfort. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu

People Have No Consideration For Others

AmyKaren and Grams I do really know what you should do but you shouldn’t have to turn your TV up loud or get head phones. People should have more consideration. BronzeisGolden I too am addicted the sound of the fan. And finally, Grams did you get my PM?
    Daniel and Little Lulu

Danny, I got one a month or so ago but not recently. I just checked and there's not one on there now.
    I didn't get the headphones to block out others noise. I got them so I could hear in a room that has no tv or outside. I don't usually have a problem with neighbors. My property is almost an acre. I don't have noisy neighbors except when the teenagers play basketball on their court after midnight, etc. There aren't very many children in our neighborhood any more and I have never heard anyone yelling at each other.
    Last edited by Grgranny; 10-21-2003 at 09:03 PM.

Grgranny:

Sounds like heaven where you live! I wish I had an acre. I don't even have a front yard.

Living in an apt. is not my ideal life. I would like a townhouse with a little yard. Anyway, It's my dream to get out of here soon!

Thanks for the reply.