Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian National Training Camp

Canadian National Training Camp

Here are some pictures from the camp if anyone is interested in viewing them:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/G...200/story.html

Everyone looks to be in great shape - especially Jess and Tessa - they look gorgeous!

Here are some more photos from another site:
    http://www.ctvolympics.ca/photos/gal...ry.html#/15657

There is also a fluff piece on Joannie Rochette on the right hand side of the above page. It shows a few clips of her new short program that was debuted at the Quebec Summer Championships as well as some of her and her boyfriend. She seems so happy!
    Last edited by i love to skate; 09-12-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added another picture and video link

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Andrew Poje

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Andrew Poje
    Indeed Scott has been working out too.

But are they trying to copy Pechalat/Bourzat's 2008 OD. Looking at the pics it seems like it. PB's was really good and original but I dunno if emulating it so soon is a good idea. Also, Virtue and Moir are doing also a flamenco and they need to stand out if they want to beat Crone/Poirier. Let's see if they can pull it off.
    Last edited by SamuraiKike; 09-11-2009 at 10:52 PM.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Thanks! Great pictures!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Indeed Scott has been working out too.

But are they trying to copy Pechalat/Bourzat's 2008 OD. Looking at the pics it seems like it. PB's was really good and original but I dunno if emulating it so soon is a good idea. Also, Virtue and Moir are doing also a flamenco and they need to stand out if they want to beat Crone/Poirier. Let's see if they can pull it off.

V/M are not trying to copy p/b's OD, get your facts straight please.

btw, who is your favorite ice dance team Samurai?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post

I was talking about Weaver/Poje and speculating from the pics shown on the link. That's why I said "it seems like it". I didn't affirm it. Don't overeact please.

And to answer your question I dont have a stand out favorite. I like all the top teams and its gonna bug me a lot that only 3 are gonna medal at Vancouver. a Podium consisting of B/A, K/N and V/M would be totally awesome but if any of the D/S or D/W medal I would be as happy for them.

Banned

How could you know this- did you saw V-M OD?
    I think Samurai said, that W-P copy P-B flamenco OD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    How could you know this- did you saw V-M OD?
    I think Samurai said, that W-P copy P-B flamenco OD
    lol, it just occurred to me that all three of the canadian teams are doing flamengo....that's kind of a strange coincidence. As for my favorites, I actually really like weaver/poje, they definitely sold me on their freedance last year...they have this really lyricical dancelike style that's noawadays missing in a lot of top teams....but They're also doing Phantom for their FD and since I'm a dieheard fann of meryl and charlie I'm a little wary of them making the olympics...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieandcheetah View Post
    lol, it just occurred to me that all three of the canadian teams are doing flamengo....that's kind of a strange coincidence. As for my favorites, I actually really like weaver/poje, they definitely sold me on their freedance last year...they have this really lyricical dancelike style that's noawadays missing in a lot of top teams....but They're also doing Phantom for their FD and since I'm a dieheard fann of meryl and charlie I'm a little wary of them making the olympics...
    well of course you wouldn't say you like V/M.

Custom Title
    actually I wasn't even thinking about them. I was only thinking of crone/poirer vs. poje/weaver, because it's so the fargone conclusion that virtue/moir is going to the olympics...why the contentious tone?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    I was talking about Weaver/Poje and speculating from the pics shown on the link. That's why I said "it seems like it". I didn't affirm it. Don't overeact please.

And to answer your question I dont have a stand out favorite. I like all the top teams and its gonna bug me a lot that only 3 are gonna medal at Vancouver. a Podium consisting of B/A, K/N and V/M would be totally awesome but if any of the D/S or D/W medal I would be as happy for them.

oh, sorry about that Samurai. . Anyways, as long as D/W don't make the Olympic podium, I'm satisfied with whatever result.

Custom Title
    oh, sorry about that Samurai. . Anyways, as long as D/W don't make the Olympic podium, I'm satisfied with whatever result.
    omg, you are acting so ridiculous. I have my preferences, but I won't ever be so malicious as to hope one particular team does NOT make it to the podium.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    well of course you wouldn't say you like V/M.
    Is there anything wrong with it???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Is there anything wrong with it???
    Absolutely not, i am not saying V/M are the be all and end all of figure skating. . Have you been reading Cassie's posts re: v/m though?

Custom Title
    Absolutely not, i am not saying V/M are the be all and end all of figure skating. . Have you been reading Cassie's posts re: v/m though?
    yeah, that had nothing to do with me wanting them in a certain podium position. I apologize for the former statements (I think it was me being overly enthusiastic at the time), but it's a bit creepy to go back to old statemnts from a year back and quote me on it as if they're comparable to what YOU are saying about d/w.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast