Canadian National Training Camp | Golden Skate

Canadian National Training Camp

i love to skate

Medalist
Here are some pictures from the camp if anyone is interested in viewing them:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Gallery+Canada+champion+figure+skaters+camp/1985200/story.html

Everyone looks to be in great shape - especially Jess and Tessa - they look gorgeous!

Here are some more photos from another site:
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/photos/galleries/id=15655/gallery.html#/15657

There is also a fluff piece on Joannie Rochette on the right hand side of the above page. It shows a few clips of her new short program that was debuted at the Quebec Summer Championships as well as some of her and her boyfriend. She seems so happy!

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Andrew Poje :love::love::love:

Indeed :bow: Scott has been working out too. :p

But are they trying to copy Pechalat/Bourzat's 2008 OD. Looking at the pics it seems like it. PB's was really good and original but I dunno if emulating it so soon is a good idea. Also, Virtue and Moir are doing also a flamenco and they need to stand out if they want to beat Crone/Poirier. Let's see if they can pull it off.

Last edited:

Enthusiast

On the Ice

But are they trying to copy Pechalat/Bourzat's 2008 OD. Looking at the pics it seems like it. PB's was really good and original but I dunno if emulating it so soon is a good idea. Also, Virtue and Moir are doing also a flamenco and they need to stand out if they want to beat Crone/Poirier. Let's see if they can pull it off.

V/M are not trying to copy p/b's OD, get your facts straight please.

btw, who is your favorite ice dance team Samurai?

SamuraiKike

Medalist

:rolleye::rolleye: I was talking about Weaver/Poje and speculating from the pics shown on the link. That's why I said "it seems like it". I didn't affirm it. Don't overeact please.

And to answer your question I dont have a stand out favorite. I like all the top teams and its gonna bug me a lot that only 3 are gonna medal at Vancouver. a Podium consisting of B/A, K/N and V/M would be totally awesome but if any of the D/S or D/W medal I would be as happy for them.

npa

Match Penalty

How could you know this- did you saw V-M OD?
I think Samurai said, that W-P copy P-B flamenco OD

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
How could you know this- did you saw V-M OD?
I think Samurai said, that W-P copy P-B flamenco OD

lol, it just occurred to me that all three of the canadian teams are doing flamengo....that's kind of a strange coincidence. As for my favorites, I actually really like weaver/poje, they definitely sold me on their freedance last year...they have this really lyricical dancelike style that's noawadays missing in a lot of top teams....but They're also doing Phantom for their FD and since I'm a dieheard fann of meryl and charlie I'm a little wary of them making the olympics...

Enthusiast

On the Ice
lol, it just occurred to me that all three of the canadian teams are doing flamengo....that's kind of a strange coincidence. As for my favorites, I actually really like weaver/poje, they definitely sold me on their freedance last year...they have this really lyricical dancelike style that's noawadays missing in a lot of top teams....but They're also doing Phantom for their FD and since I'm a dieheard fann of meryl and charlie I'm a little wary of them making the olympics...

well of course you wouldn't say you like V/M.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
actually I wasn't even thinking about them. I was only thinking of crone/poirer vs. poje/weaver, because it's so the fargone conclusion that virtue/moir is going to the olympics...why the contentious tone?

Enthusiast

On the Ice
:rolleye::rolleye: I was talking about Weaver/Poje and speculating from the pics shown on the link. That's why I said "it seems like it". I didn't affirm it. Don't overeact please.

And to answer your question I dont have a stand out favorite. I like all the top teams and its gonna bug me a lot that only 3 are gonna medal at Vancouver. a Podium consisting of B/A, K/N and V/M would be totally awesome but if any of the D/S or D/W medal I would be as happy for them.

oh, sorry about that Samurai. . Anyways, as long as D/W don't make the Olympic podium, I'm satisfied with whatever result.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
oh, sorry about that Samurai. . Anyways, as long as D/W don't make the Olympic podium, I'm satisfied with whatever result.

omg, you are acting so ridiculous. I have my preferences, but I won't ever be so malicious as to hope one particular team does NOT make it to the podium.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Absolutely not, i am not saying V/M are the be all and end all of figure skating. . Have you been reading Cassie's posts re: v/m though?

yeah, that had nothing to do with me wanting them in a certain podium position. I apologize for the former statements (I think it was me being overly enthusiastic at the time), but it's a bit creepy to go back to old statemnts from a year back and quote me on it as if they're comparable to what YOU are saying about d/w.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice

You think V&M are going to have trouble beating Crone/Poirier?:rofl:

Kypma

Final Flight
You think V&M are going to have trouble beating Crone/Poirier?:rofl:

No, I think SamuraiKike was referring to Weaver and Poje beating Crone and Poirier, since they won't stand out much due to the fact their flamenco will most certainly be compared to Virtue and Moir's. Tessa and Scott being crowded Canadian Champions again is pretty much a given, I think.

-Kypma

npa

Match Penalty
1) . So just because i don't want D/W to medal in Vancouver, doesn't mean it can't happen..

You know, i want D-W will win medal at OG (maybe gold), because in this case they will leave skating, because a lot off people think, they are really good and must take this medals, because after this, all negative at figure skating forums will go from V-M to D-W and because in this case V-M will skate untill 2014 OG and (i hope) without Marina and Gorddeva-Grinkov music. And maybe because Samuelson-Bates will be number 1 in USA, after D-W :chorus:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Heh.

I want V-M to skate until Sochi. I want them to win gold in 2010. I think if they win gold in 2010, they won't be skating until 2014. It's a conundrum.

My ideal top five would be one of two....

1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Belbin/Agosto
4. Davis/White
5. Domnina/Shabalin

Leading to the three teams retiring who we think would, and going into Turin Worlds with Faiella/Scalia winning the bronze (I like them) to cap off their career.

or

1. Virtue/Moir
2. Davis/White
3. Delobel/Schoenfelder
4. Belbin/Agosto
5. Pechalat/Bourzat

Or Kerr/Kerr in fifth - I don't like them but I admire their longevity and want them to have a good season. Actually, I want everyone to have a good season. And then Davis/White win Worlds (preventing V/M from retiring, because I do think they want a worlds gold medal). Then the next few years we get a really exciting rivalry from the top teams.

npa

Match Penalty
Heh.

I want V-M to skate until Sochi. I want them to win gold in 2010. I think if they win gold in 2010, they won't be skating until 2014. It's a conundrum.

My ideal top five would be one of two....

1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Belbin/Agosto
4. Davis/White
5. Domnina/Shabalin

Leading to the three teams retiring who we think would, and going into Turin Worlds with Faiella/Scalia winning the bronze (I like them) to cap off their career.

or

1. Virtue/Moir
2. Davis/White
3. Delobel/Schoenfelder
4. Belbin/Agosto
5. Pechalat/Bourzat

Or Kerr/Kerr in fifth - I don't like them but I admire their longevity and want them to have a good season. Actually, I want everyone to have a good season. And then Davis/White win Worlds (preventing V/M from retiring, because I do think they want a worlds gold medal). Then the next few years we get a really exciting rivalry from the top teams.

Good idea :biggrin:

Last edited: