Canadian National Training Camp | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Canadian National Training Camp

npa

Match Penalty
It bothers the hell out of me when fans compare Meryl to Anjelika Krylova, :.

I think this fans didnt saw Anjelika a long time. She is now skating in Ice Age Russian TV show- she is really ice dance queen. She has long legs, long arms? she is tall and she have greate expression/
Meryl is Meryl - its good or bad. I think all people have there own individuality
Cant waite to see S-B number 1 USA team - i think they could show something really graete in future

Enthusiast

On the Ice
As long as V/M stay til 2014, I'm satisfied with whatever happens in 2010 (although I still want them to finish on the podium, bronze in Vancouver would be ok). If they keep winning bronze and silvers at Worlds from 2010-2012 with Shpilband, then they need to go to Linichuk, before D/W get there first. Then they will definitely be the major contenders for gold in 2014.

npa

Match Penalty
As long as V/M stay til 2014, I'm satisfied with whatever happens in 2010 (although I still want them to finish on the podium, bronze in Vancouver would be ok). If they keep winning bronze and silvers at Worlds from 2010-2012 with Shpilband, then they need to go to Linichuk, before D/W get there first. Then they will definitely be the major contenders for gold in 2014.

Meryl is best Tanith friend- maybe they will go to Linichuck first :rock: I dont want V-M go to Linichuck - they could go to another coach or made choreo not with Marina.
Its really funny to discuss, what will happened during next 5 years - all could happened. And i think Tessa adn Scott think now, that they will win gold at this OG and this is there maine purpose today.
Its really interesting - will Shpilband win gold one day at least at WCh or could he win gold at OG?

Enthusiast

On the Ice
Meryl is best Tanith friend- maybe they will go to Linichuck first :rock: I dont want V-M go to Linichuck - they could go to another coach or made choreo not with Marina.
Its really funny to discuss, what will happened during next 5 years - all could happened. And i think Tessa adn Scott think now, that they will win gold at this OG and this is there maine purpose today.
Its really interesting - will Shpilband win gold one day at least at WCh or could he win gold at OG?

Oh yes, Igor will have his world champion someday, but I don't think it will be with this current generation (D/W, V/M) unfortunately. That's not to say D/W or V/M won't win gold under his tutelage, but I think he's still learning from his mistakes w/ B&A. Maybe with the Shibutanis? or C/Z perhaps, i can definitely see that happening.

I too, am not thrilled with the thought of Linichuk choreographing and coaching V/M, but maybe it is for the best especially if they aren't winning with Shpilband. I am afraid that if Meryl and Charlie go to Linichuk first, say 2011, and stay with her til Sochi, that D/W will be the next Olympic champions. :cry::cry: :disapp:

it is very interesting to forecast the next 5 yrs, esp. b/w D/W and V/M. I just have a feeling, that whoever goes to Linichuk first will win the OGM in 2014. Just look @ the work she's done with B&A in such a short period of time. Igor must be kicking himself, with B&A beating D&W so soundly at Worlds. His comments @ US Nats about D/W still winning the title over B&A was just ridiculous.

ETA: Why don't you want them to go to Linichuk?

Last edited:

npa

Match Penalty
Why don't you want them to go to Linichuk?

Because i dont like her choreo at all and i dont like her programs for B-A and D-Sh - its look really old - old choreo, old outfit, like we saw 1990 WCh, but not 2009 WCh.. But will see, what she will made for her teams in this season. I think she have only 1 strong point - its politics
It will be sad, if such talanted skates, like V-M will never win WCh. I think Shpilband have greate expirience now - but need take some political lessons from Linichuck ;)