Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canadian National Training Camp

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Indeed Scott has been working out too.

But are they trying to copy Pechalat/Bourzat's 2008 OD. Looking at the pics it seems like it. PB's was really good and original but I dunno if emulating it so soon is a good idea. Also, Virtue and Moir are doing also a flamenco and they need to stand out if they want to beat Crone/Poirier. Let's see if they can pull it off.
    You think V&M are going to have trouble beating Crone/Poirier?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    You think V&M are going to have trouble beating Crone/Poirier?
    No, I think SamuraiKike was referring to Weaver and Poje beating Crone and Poirier, since they won't stand out much due to the fact their flamenco will most certainly be compared to Virtue and Moir's. Tessa and Scott being crowded Canadian Champions again is pretty much a given, I think.

-Kypma

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    1) . So just because i don't want D/W to medal in Vancouver, doesn't mean it can't happen..
    You know, i want D-W will win medal at OG (maybe gold), because in this case they will leave skating, because a lot off people think, they are really good and must take this medals, because after this, all negative at figure skating forums will go from V-M to D-W and because in this case V-M will skate untill 2014 OG and (i hope) without Marina and Gorddeva-Grinkov music. And maybe because Samuelson-Bates will be number 1 in USA, after D-W :chorus:

Custom Title
    Heh.

I want V-M to skate until Sochi. I want them to win gold in 2010. I think if they win gold in 2010, they won't be skating until 2014. It's a conundrum.

My ideal top five would be one of two....

1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
    2. Virtue/Moir
    3. Belbin/Agosto
    4. Davis/White
    5. Domnina/Shabalin

Leading to the three teams retiring who we think would, and going into Turin Worlds with Faiella/Scalia winning the bronze (I like them) to cap off their career.

or

1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Davis/White
    3. Delobel/Schoenfelder
    4. Belbin/Agosto
    5. Pechalat/Bourzat

Or Kerr/Kerr in fifth - I don't like them but I admire their longevity and want them to have a good season. Actually, I want everyone to have a good season. And then Davis/White win Worlds (preventing V/M from retiring, because I do think they want a worlds gold medal). Then the next few years we get a really exciting rivalry from the top teams.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Heh.

I want V-M to skate until Sochi. I want them to win gold in 2010. I think if they win gold in 2010, they won't be skating until 2014. It's a conundrum.

My ideal top five would be one of two....

1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
    2. Virtue/Moir
    3. Belbin/Agosto
    4. Davis/White
    5. Domnina/Shabalin

Leading to the three teams retiring who we think would, and going into Turin Worlds with Faiella/Scalia winning the bronze (I like them) to cap off their career.

or

1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Davis/White
    3. Delobel/Schoenfelder
    4. Belbin/Agosto
    5. Pechalat/Bourzat

Or Kerr/Kerr in fifth - I don't like them but I admire their longevity and want them to have a good season. Actually, I want everyone to have a good season. And then Davis/White win Worlds (preventing V/M from retiring, because I do think they want a worlds gold medal). Then the next few years we get a really exciting rivalry from the top teams.
    Good idea
    Last edited by npa; 09-13-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    It bothers the hell out of me when fans compare Meryl to Anjelika Krylova, :.
    I think this fans didnt saw Anjelika a long time. She is now skating in Ice Age Russian TV show- she is really ice dance queen. She has long legs, long arms? she is tall and she have greate expression/
    Meryl is Meryl - its good or bad. I think all people have there own individuality
    Cant waite to see S-B number 1 USA team - i think they could show something really graete in future

Custom Title
    As long as V/M stay til 2014, I'm satisfied with whatever happens in 2010 (although I still want them to finish on the podium, bronze in Vancouver would be ok). If they keep winning bronze and silvers at Worlds from 2010-2012 with Shpilband, then they need to go to Linichuk, before D/W get there first. Then they will definitely be the major contenders for gold in 2014.

Banned
    As long as V/M stay til 2014, I'm satisfied with whatever happens in 2010 (although I still want them to finish on the podium, bronze in Vancouver would be ok). If they keep winning bronze and silvers at Worlds from 2010-2012 with Shpilband, then they need to go to Linichuk, before D/W get there first. Then they will definitely be the major contenders for gold in 2014.
    Meryl is best Tanith friend- maybe they will go to Linichuck first I dont want V-M go to Linichuck - they could go to another coach or made choreo not with Marina.
    Its really funny to discuss, what will happened during next 5 years - all could happened. And i think Tessa adn Scott think now, that they will win gold at this OG and this is there maine purpose today.
    Its really interesting - will Shpilband win gold one day at least at WCh or could he win gold at OG?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Meryl is best Tanith friend- maybe they will go to Linichuck first I dont want V-M go to Linichuck - they could go to another coach or made choreo not with Marina.
    Its really funny to discuss, what will happened during next 5 years - all could happened. And i think Tessa adn Scott think now, that they will win gold at this OG and this is there maine purpose today.
    Its really interesting - will Shpilband win gold one day at least at WCh or could he win gold at OG?
    Oh yes, Igor will have his world champion someday, but I don't think it will be with this current generation (D/W, V/M) unfortunately. That's not to say D/W or V/M won't win gold under his tutelage, but I think he's still learning from his mistakes w/ B&A. Maybe with the Shibutanis? or C/Z perhaps, i can definitely see that happening.

I too, am not thrilled with the thought of Linichuk choreographing and coaching V/M, but maybe it is for the best especially if they aren't winning with Shpilband. I am afraid that if Meryl and Charlie go to Linichuk first, say 2011, and stay with her til Sochi, that D/W will be the next Olympic champions.

it is very interesting to forecast the next 5 yrs, esp. b/w D/W and V/M. I just have a feeling, that whoever goes to Linichuk first will win the OGM in 2014. Just look @ the work she's done with B&A in such a short period of time. Igor must be kicking himself, with B&A beating D&W so soundly at Worlds. His comments @ US Nats about D/W still winning the title over B&A was just ridiculous.

ETA: Why don't you want them to go to Linichuk?
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 09-13-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Banned
    Why don't you want them to go to Linichuk?
    Because i dont like her choreo at all and i dont like her programs for B-A and D-Sh - its look really old - old choreo, old outfit, like we saw 1990 WCh, but not 2009 WCh.. But will see, what she will made for her teams in this season. I think she have only 1 strong point - its politics
    It will be sad, if such talanted skates, like V-M will never win WCh. I think Shpilband have greate expirience now - but need take some political lessons from Linichuck

Rinkside
    Were Matattall and Brodeur at the training camp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2