Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TV Alert Today 3/19 - Thin Ice!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

TV Alert Today 3/19 - Thin Ice!!!

Currently on ABC 7-8 pm CST.

I thought the judges got it pretty much right. It was funny to me that Kristi was the strictest judge and Dick Button the most generous.

I wanted to vote for Shizuka and Stephane, but 9n order to vote at ABC.com you have to sign up for something. :thumbsdown:

I won't say anything more at the moment because of West Coast spoilers. But it was a fine show.

Notably good: Michael and Marie-L, and Shae-Lynn and John Z. Enjoyed it, Kristi is just so charming...no wonder she has gotten so far.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I wanted to vote for Shizuka and Stephane, but 9n order to vote at ABC.com you have to sign up for something. :thumbsdown:
    Math I voted and it was no different than logging into GS. You get 5 votes.

I watched the show, and I have to say it was just ok with me. Nothing special.

Custom Title
    I watched. I agree that nothing special. It just made me more thirsty for the real competitions.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Ho-hum.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Ho-hum.
    Thought it was a pretty bad cheese fest....I switched back to basketball.

Custom Title
    Shiz did an Ina B into a triple sal double toe double toe.
    Stephane did a quad toe with a hand down.

Stephane is really effeminate. He said when he landed the quad the first time he was screaming for his mom, mommy did you see that. OMG.
    Stephane: "not very often you see quad" an obvious dig at our current Gold Medalist and sometime model.

What's his face kept on saying "lam bi elllle"

This show is so queso-y.

Certainly not overwhelmed. The competition itself, you know, is not serious but a put together funfest. I think all the personalities, including the judges, enjoyed it more than I did.
    I predict the Final will not be much better. Do you think there will be props? Oh yes, Michael Weiss to win!!! He has the six-pack.

Lambiel does "quad jump" - and his team still does not win? :sheesh:

How is this possible?

What is wrong with skating? Did someone forget to tell Kristi, Kati and Dick that "quad jump" must always win? Were the judges paid off

This show will never be a hit in Russia
    Last edited by janetfan; 03-20-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Notably good: Michael and Marie-L, and Shae-Lynn and John Z. Enjoyed it, Kristi is just so charming...no wonder she has gotten so far.
    "Uncle" Dickie was back with his "rusty hoot" comment. :lol: Always good to see Kurt. I'm glad the ISU (or was it Skate Canada) let Joannie skate her tribute to her mother.

I miss the serious pro competitions, but we still enjoyed watching this. Looking forward to Sunday evening's show.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Shae-Lynn and John were smoking hot. Elena seemed so uncomfortable with David. She seemed really uncomfortable during the interview segment where she was talking about Salt Lake too.

Anyone cares to tell what this show/comp is about? I know there are lots of well known former eligible skaters competing in a friendly way somehow.

Too lazy to find out by myself

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Anyone cares to tell what this show/comp is about? I know there are lots of well known former eligible skaters competing in a friendly way somehow.

Too lazy to find out by myself
    The show seems to be based on the idea of combining unlikely partners, pro skaters who have never skated with each other before, and some of them partnering with someone who used to compete in a discipline different from their own. There are three other pro skaters who are the judges: Katerina Witt, Dick Button, and Kristi Yamaguchi. The marks are on a scale from 1 to 10. Kurt Browning does not judge; he is the host. Viewers are invited to vote on ABC.com, but they have to register to do so.

I particularly wanted to watch to see Joannie skate her tribute, and yes, it brought tears to my eyes. Kurt asked her after that if the skating helped her to heal, and she said that yes, she felt closest to her mother when she was skating, so it was the best medicine for her. I am so very glad that the ISU allowed her to do this. She skated at the very end of the show, and afterwards, the other skaters gave her a group hug.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast