All Brian Joubert News! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

All Brian Joubert News!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah in the case of US nationals I doubt Anchorage will ever host. Anchorage Figure Skating Club probably wouldn't want to host.

calica

Final Flight
There was an FFSG news conference yesterday (that's where the bid for Worlds was announced). The video is on their Olympic blog - everyone seemed to be bored, with a comic moment when DG had to be reminded (by Brian) what Chan's name was ;). A Skate Canada vs. FFSG feud would be kind of funny. Though probably not good for the skaters.

incredibly boring conference.:p:p

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xakpve_co...r-gailhag_sport

All were bored:rofl::rofl:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I would go to the UK for Europeans or Worlds. I like the UK, even the people, despite the barbaric language, their eurohate and sometimes strange behaviour. On the plus side - no hugging, no kissing (only seniorita gets that remark, I guess).
:laugh::rofl::laugh:
Well you know greeks are very expressive people, what to do...:rolleye: So I would go also to Uk for euros or worlds and hug and kiss all english people there cause I love the accent and their english phlegm!:biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker

Yeah, finally some Brian propaganda. Was about time!
Yes, the media sets the tone, and the more times it's repeated that Brian has a difficult new program with great choreography, the better! Of course, this being IN, there has to be a mistake somewhere... I was puzzled by the choice of a picture from 2005, and even more puzzled by the caption:
Brian Joubert last worked with Laurent Depouilly in 2005, when the Frenchman won his first medal -- a silver -- at the European championships.
Joubert won his first medal at Euros in 2005? Huh? Joubert of course won his first medal his first time at Euros, aged 17, in 2002 - coaced by Veronique Guyon. His notable accomplishments under Depouilly the first time they worked together were winning 2004 Europeans and his first medal at Worlds (indeed a silver) the same season. Some fact checking would have been nice :rolleye:.

Plushy fans, see? This time Brian plays nice. I think the article was based on the FFSG press conference, a lot of it repeats things I read in the French media afterwards.

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Yeah, finally some Brian propaganda. Was about time!

Great piece of babou propaganda indeed!

I really hope that Albena and Maxim will be at the TEB so that we may applaud them - their professionalism, dedication and talent really amaze me and deserve recognition.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
As we're doing Brian-propaganda, here's a link to his official site:
http://www.brian-joubert.com/

Here's an interview with Brian that I'll translate ( sorry if some terms might seem inexact, but at some points I tried to translate more the general meaning than the exact expression)
http://www.brian-joubert.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=15298

The figure skating season has started for Brian Joubert and the French team. Serious medal contendor, the current European champion seams very serene.

Brian Joubert, you have announced the colour of you're olympic ambitions...

I've always been in the habit of stating my intentions. Since I was 17 I've said that I want to be Olympic champion, and it hasn't changed. And physicaly and mentally, I feel good. My LP is great but requires a lot of work and is very demanding. But as I've got the urge / feel like doing it, it's a pleasure to work on it.

So people are expecting you. Didier Gaillaguet even sais that you were going to atomize your fellow-contendors...

It doesn't bother me to be expected. Obviously, it adds e bit more pressure, but if I prepare well and I know that I'm ready, I don't feel the pressure. I've always been used to skating better in competitions than during training sessions. If I skate well, I don't feel the stress. When Didier says that I'm going to atomize my adversaries, the expression makes me laugh, it's a bit big. I want to beat them, that's all.

Will you keep an eye on Lambiel's and Plushenko's come-backs in particular?

Yes, I will follow their results. I won't look just at the scores. I will mainly look at their technical performance. I'm curious to see if Lambiel will have a good come'back because lately he wasn't the Lambiel of 2005-2006.

One can feel that you enjoy yourself on the ice...

I have fun every day. I do things that I lost these last two seasons. The quality and quantity are here. When I enter the rink, I've got a smile on my face. That's what really satisfies me.

What's changed?

I've simply become older. In three years I've known victories and defeats. I've learned from my bad performances. When I lost, I analysed it with my coach and mother. All that made me grow-up.

Will a title/gold medal be needed before Vancouver?

If I can keep my European title, then I will. If I can win the maximum amount of competitions, then I'm not going to go out of my way not to. But I think that and the European championships, I shouldn't be 100% ready either. But when I leave for a competition, it's to win.

It has been rumored that you've stopped motorcycling. Is it true?

I really have stopped. I've decided to be serious and strict/rigorous. I won't take any risks. It would really bother me to withdraw from the games and ruin 20 years. I've stopped motorbiking, I'm serious when it comes to what I eat, and I make sure that my mind is with figure skating.

Do you have weight problems?

I'm greedy, and I'm unlucky, I put on weight quickly. I can lose 10 kilos quickly, I know how to do it. My mother takes care of my food and everything is fine. I'm also someone who compensates with food when my mind isn't so good. As things weren't at their best concerning skating, I ate more.

I'm sorry for my dreadful translating. If anyone wants to rectify what I've translated, please do so.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation (though I read the French original first...)

Great interview, what he says about food makes sense, over the years he has looked like someone who easily gains and loses weight. As long as he is aware of it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Wicked

Final Flight
So Brian's an emotional eater. That kind of endeared him to me. He'll have to watch that in the future. He won't have 20-something metabolism for the rest of his life.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation! I thought it was very good, and from experience I know how hard it is to translate - and to be satisfied with your work.

Is atomize like crush or pulverize? I don't want Brian to do any of those things to anyone, just to win; it can be by KvdP Euros bronze medal margins and I'll be totally fine with it. :biggrin:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Thanks for the translation! I thought it was very good, and from experience I know how hard it is to translate - and to be satisfied with your work.

Is atomize like crush or pulverize? I don't want Brian to do any of those things to anyone, just to win; it can be by KvdP Euros bronze medal margins and I'll be totally fine with it. :biggrin:

Thanks! It is a nightmare to translate - it requires specific skills which I don't have.:laugh:
Yes, to atomize, is this context means to pulverise. You obviously have the same opinion as Brian on that word!:agree:
I agree with you - I want Brian to win the olys - and I want his victory to be undisputed - but I don't want the others skaters ( at least the other ones I really appreciate) to fall to pieces.

jennylovskt

Medalist
"A program to win," was the unanimous comment judges gave when they saw Joubert's new free program to "Ancient Lands," by Irish composer Ronan Hardiman.

Yes!!!:rock:

"The program (LP) they made is technically very demanding...."

Probably that's one of the characters of an ice-dancer-made program. But it's beautiful!

Depouilly, who was coaching his own daughter south of Bordeaux, has now left his family behind to relocate near Joubert's home city of Poitiers for the season.

Remarkable!

"The goal is to skate a great performance and come back with that gold medal," Joubert said. "I think of it every day. Every morning when I wake up, I am thinking of it."

I hope that he could get gold this time, (Although, I wish that there would be two golds - one for Joubert and one for Plushenko.:biggrin:) but I just hope that this thought won't be too heavy a burden on his mind. That could affect his performance. On this strategy, I like Lysacek's approach - one thing that I really admire about him - from a non-fan point of view.:)

Thank you, NatachaHatawa for the translation! The things getting exciting with so much information from the top skaters.:clap:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm bumping this thread back up for some non-TEB stuff. I found an article about Brian Joubert from last week (pre-event), with the following being pretty interesting:

1. Joubert re-affirmed that he will stay on after Vancouver, saying that one of his goals is to win all of the GPs (can't tell if he's serious about that or not). He's still missing NHK and CoC... ;)
  2. He says he still needs to lose a bit of weight. Considering how thin he looked last week, this surprises me.
  3. Joubert claims that he's at about 75% right now - and that he was at 100% to start the 2006-7 season but had a hard time keeping it up, and actually felt that his condition that season began to decline in January.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'm bumping this thread back up for some non-TEB stuff. I found an article about Brian Joubert from last week (pre-event), with the following being pretty interesting:

1. Joubert re-affirmed that he will stay on after Vancouver, saying that one of his goals is to win all of the GPs (can't tell if he's serious about that or not). He's still missing NHK and CoC... ;)
  2. He says he still needs to lose a bit of weight. Considering how thin he looked last week, this surprises me.
  3. Joubert claims that he's at about 75% right now - and that he was at 100% to start the 2006-7 season but had a hard time keeping it up, and actually felt that his condition that season began to decline in January.

Well it's certainly a good strategy for him if he thought that his condition started to go down when it mattered most, if he trains to be at 75% now, progressing to 90% for Euros and 100% by the Olympics then that can only be a good thing.

Ant

calica

Final Flight
[*]He says he still needs to lose a bit of weight. Considering how thin he looked last week, this surprises me.
In the Master ,He said that he was to lose 3 kilos and for the Bompard he loosed "only" 2 ...

jennylovskt

Medalist
To stay after Vancouvor? it is a welcome news! If it's true, this Olympics won't sound so scary. It's still Olympics though but he has time to prove himself elsewhere if it doesn't work out this time. Still I am rooting for him for the Olympics.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
In the Master ,He said that he was to lose 3 kilos and for the Bompard he loosed "only" 2 ...

1 kilo is not going to make that much of a diffrence. Everybody varies in their weight through the day as you add and subtract food and water weight, water lost through sweat etc (ever notice how much lighter you are after a workout)>

calica

Final Flight
The last time that he spoke about his weight was saying that the 2 first kilos that he had lost had been easy to lose, but the last kilo that he needed to lose to have his ideal weight was very dificult to lose :p. I suppose that there is no much difference but as he has already spoken in other occasions it is not a question only of losing but of being supported in this weight. he is a person who takes kilos easily, also, according to him, sometimes he eats of compulsive form due to the nerves.