All Brian Joubert News! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

All Brian Joubert News!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That's a fantastic start! Hip-Hip-Hooray for Ant. :rock: Is that really him? I mean, really? Because the bloke in that picture is hot.

I know the ones that leave nothing to our imagination. Actually, I have them stored on my computer. His upper body looks good, but the lower parts are absolutely stunning, great for the study of anatomy. See, my interest is entirely professional!
I know the pic Ant posted, and I think it's an American skier. It shows up under Joubert because it came from a forum discussion in which Brian was mentioned. It looks nothing like him.

Those other pictures also show up on a Google image search. I always thought they were photoshopped and never bothered with them. They're not photoshopped, then?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Wow:eek:
i dont care who he is, I ll root for him:rock:

And you know what we can do in this thread (compared to the Plushy thread...)? We can find sexy Brian pictures and drool over them!

ah that was a knock under the belt:laugh:
but the lower parts are absolutely stunning, great for the study of anatomy. See, my interest is entirely professional!

REally?:think:

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
I sure hope that Brian has used a different costume designer this year. While I am not the biggest Brian fan.....I am sooooo not a fan of his costumes.

antmanb

Record Breaker
That's a fantastic start! Hip-Hip-Hooray for Ant. :rock: Is that really him? I mean, really? Because the bloke in that picture is hot.

Yeah i did wonder about it because facially i wasn't sure it looked like him ...but since he's hot it doesn't matter :biggrin:

EDIT: Ah i knew Buttercup would know everything to do with Brian

I know the pic Ant posted, and I think it's an American skier. It shows up under Joubert because it came from a forum discussion in which Brian was mentioned. It looks nothing like him.

Those other pictures also show up on a Google image search. I always thought they were photoshopped and never bothered with them. They're not photoshopped, then?

I remember there being lots of controversy at teh time when Brian did the ones in his undies - i think more thna anythign because he was (and looks!) so young. But those pictures were all side on...the "inappropriate" picture i was thinknig of is full body on and in a pair of grey clavins....but since his face is looking down it's difficult to know if it Brian or not...the google images searches are never that accurate!

Ant

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

jennylovskt

Medalist
I thought Brian should get his very own thread. This way Plushenko, Chan and others could have their threads in peace.

Here's going I like Brian's new program.

Thank you sooo much!!!

I like his new FS program. I think it's a little different from his most programs before. Even though it's still in an early stage, I think this program could be polished into a winning program at the Olympics.

On a side note:
I went to Paris and London for a vacation with my family this summer. This was the first time that I had ever stepped onto the European soil. So I was so excited. Don't call me a crazy Brian fan because I am not, but when I first stepped on the ground of Frence, all I could think of was that Brian Joubert was here in Frence some where a few hours away. :laugh:

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

That's what's wonderful abour Brian - he laughs about the fact that girls all around the world drool all over him! I had a front row seat at that exhibition (;)) and I can tell you that although the audience was dead at firts the guys' stip-act really worked the audience!!!

Beautiful pics, thanks for posting!

chloe

Rinkside
His Sp, I hope he changed it, the first time it was good, now I see it many times, is not so exciting.
Me too I like his LP; much better than last year, I Hope he make it better for Vancouver and not abandon choreograph at the end of the season, he deserves a pontium place.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Yowza... that man is so very hot... LOVE THAT GUY!!!:love::love:

As for his long program - here's something I never thought I'd say about my future husband: great skating, needs to work on his jumps!:laugh::laugh:

SusieH

On the Ice
I also like his new LP :love:, much better than I did both of his LPs from last season, and Yagudin's ex music has roused all the nostalgic feelings in me. I can't wait for the Olympics to begin! :clap:

His spins looked so much better. I guess some time spent with Lucinda Ruh has paid well. ow he only needs to land his jumps. Imagine how exciting the program will look like if he does!

I kind of hope he can use a new SP for the olympic season. I liked it a lot. It has always been a crowd-pleaser, and Joubert sold it well. But somewhat I just don't feel very excited about seeing it again for another entire season. The same goes with other skaters too. I mean, come on, it's the olympic season! People want to see something new! :yes: I do understand that skaters stick to their old programs for various different reasons, but still :)

ETA: I want to thank whoever opens this new thread; I'm very happy to take an early glance at Brian's new program. And may I say the title is indeed an eye-catcher!

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
And you know what we can do in this thread (compared to the Plushy thread...)? We can find sexy Brian pictures and drool over them!

oh, snap! :laugh:

though I don't find Brian all that overly attractive, I still loved this comment! :laugh::rock::clap::agree:

jennylovskt

Medalist
I kind of hope he can use a new SP for the olympic season. I liked it a lot. It has always been a crowd-pleaser, and Joubert sold it well. But somewhat I just don't feel very excited about seeing it again for another entire season.

I felt the same. Last season, I liked his SP. When he announced that he was going to keep it, I was happy. But this time, when I saw it, I had a different feeling. I am a little tired of his old SP.

For his new LP, I want to add, I like his straight line footwork section very much. But somehow, I don't like him using Yagudin's "Overcome" music. It distracts me. I couldn't thoroughly enjoy his skating - I was thinking about Yagudin's movement.:frown:

Hikaru

Final Flight
^^ :biggrin: Go ahead!
I'm so in awe with his free skate :love: At once a program which comes close to fulfilling his potential choreography-wise. Definitely a kick-*** olympic program! Allez Brian!!! :rock:

I like his FS too, I saw it a couple of days ago, a bit rough, but tons of potentials there as the season advances. BTW I didn't know Brian's Bday was in september, how great!! happy pre-birthday Brian!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert and the NHK documentary, this time in English (very short article).

Add me to the group who wanted a new SP. I was never a huge fan of Rise, even back when it was an exhibition (at least the costume was better then!). On the other hand, I do like Brian, and if this is what works for him in preparing for the Olympics, I guess I'll have to go with it ;). I've read that they've tinkered with the ending a bit, I guess I'll see if that's the case at TEB... :)

chloe

Rinkside
Everybody deserves everything, IMO. Now all Brian needs to do, is to skate clean.

I meant that he is one of the best for podium. Although If Takahashi, Lambiel and Plusenko skate also clean, I am not sure Joubert needs only to skate clean to win them

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I meant that he is one of the best for podium. Although If Takahashi, Lambiel and Plusenko skate also clean, I am not sure Joubert needs only to skate clean to win them

I believe it was Tarasova who once said 'The more mistakes one makes in his program, the more dependent one become on the flaws of his rivals".

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Who skates clean is a 6.0 thing. A clean skate is not necessary in order to do well; doing as as much of the planned content as possible is, even if there are some mistakes - so long as those mistakes are not URs.

Think of the Zhangs in Torino, or Carolina Kostner's silver in 2008, or Savchenko/Szolkowy win at 2008 Worlds - they skated a bad LP, and were still first despite a really good and almost totally clean performance from D/D. Not to mention that the chances of more than 1-2 people of the top tier skaters going clean are slim.