Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: All Brian Joubert News!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    in your layout he could add a 2t there after quad, it looks easy for him!
    And then I dont know, one quad will try many, including the 'artists'.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    in your layout he could add a 2t there after quad, it looks easy for him!
    And then I dont know, one quad will try many, including the 'artists'.
    Including the artists.. the artists vs quadders..

I know they will, so that's why I'm joining the ranks with so many others who keep pointing out being clean as the foremost goal under COP. For the purposes of olympic medal, I'll join them, especially when it comes to Joubert's LP performance and his past track records with startling number of negative GOEs in the LP.

Since we speak alone here and we are soooo busy at work, why you dont come to chat?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Since we speak alone here and we are soooo busy at work, why you dont come to chat?
    You know what, Im actually busy at work for a change. I have one final thing to do before I leave in half an hour but I decided to take a break cos Im bored of it and you got me very engaged in this conversation we seem to be having on a much public thread.. I keep getting mentions of this chat thingy but I am very illiterate and clueless in these things..

What's with all the activity here? It's amazing. I have like zero time these days, I hope it clears up till the Olympics.

And yeah, Joubert has one of the most solid jumping techniques these days, but his nerves make him do mistakes, he never does. I think that's why he often looks very sharp in practise, with Quad Salchows and everything, but can't put it on the ice like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    What's with all the activity here? It's amazing. I have like zero time these days, I hope it clears up till the Olympics.

And yeah, Joubert has one of the most solid jumping techniques these days, but his nerves make him do mistakes, he never does. I think that's why he often looks very sharp in practise, with Quad Salchows and everything, but can't put it on the ice like that.
    Loved the sig pic!
    I have time these days, its in the olympics weeks when I;ll be travelling due to work! Just marvellous!
    I hope Seniorita will send me emails to update me on standings and scores for men..

Seniorita will be going on vacations in Olympics week cause she deserves some more years to stay alive. Right now I dont want to see Olys live, I will change my mind later maybe.
    Medussssssssssssssssssssaa I love the banner (heart). Any ideas what to do with mine???

K probably meant putting the 3T at the end of the programme with 2A instead in the beginning with 3A. 3A+2T and 3A in the beginning will be good enough with a quad. No more needed. i think smth like this would work with his conditioning and would give him all he needs in terms of points from jumps:
    Brian shouldn't even be doing a double axel (remember worlds when he could have done the 3sal. Yes he's likely to get an ! or an E on his 3flip, but his 3flip is really really consistent.

I think Joubert's layout should be this.
    4toe/2toe
    4toe
    3axel/2toe
    3axel
    3loop/3toe/2toe
    3lutz
    3sal
    3flip

I think he should do this because he tends to mess up with nerves and this way he'll have base value cushion. Plus its frontloaded which helps. As for quad combos I don't think its a matter of Joubert not being comfortable with them, he does them after all, all the time in the short. I think its a matter of him realizing that he'll get the same amount of base value points for doing a 3loop/3toe as doing a 4toe/3toe, so why not do the easier 3loop/3toe.

Here's a (simplyfied) explanation on the French education system.

The last three years at school are called "lycée". The last two years prepare the baccalauréat, which is our mein end of school diploma. There are three main baccalauréats: one that focuses on science, another on litterature, languages and stuff, the other on economy, history etc. After (France has adopted the European system), if one goes to uni there is the "licence" or bachelors degree which is three years long. Then comes the master's degree.

In one of the reports from last week's press conference, Brian is quoted as confirming that he intends to stay in eligible skating at least until 2012 (Nice Worlds). I don't know if that will pan out, but it would be nice to have him around for two more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    In one of the reports from last week's press conference, Brian is quoted as confirming that he intends to stay in eligible skating at least until 2012 (Nice Worlds). I don't know if that will pan out, but it would be nice to have him around for two more seasons.
    I'm very interested to see if he'll actually stick to this plan. I'll wonder if they'll introduce improvements to the scoring system after this season and if so, how (or if) it will benefit/affect Brian. I'm hoping maybe we'll see some improvement in jumps' base values and GOE factoring but if transition obssession is to rule the world, then maybe not. So I think his decision might also depend on any possible changes if they are to be made.

Custom Title
    Yes!!!!!

Schiele, you are right. So far, it seems that quad values and transition mark controls are in focus. Brian will certainly benefit from raising quad values, but I think he is not far from adding more transitions into his programs. If we see all those quad jumps from other skaters, even in Jeremy Abbott's skating, there was no transitions before the quad. So the more quads, the less transitions. It's understandable. But quad jump values weigh more than transitions. It's worth it. In any case, I am very happy that Brian could stay in for more seasons!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20