Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: All Brian Joubert News!

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I found him kind of sexy with all that stuff on him, whats wrong with me?
    He looks like one the "firemen" from the 60's flick. "Fahrenhite 451."

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    he deserves a pontium place.
    Everybody deserves everything, IMO. Now all Brian needs to do, is to skate clean.

Custom Title
    I also like his new LP , much better than I did both of his LPs from last season, and Yagudin's ex music has roused all the nostalgic feelings in me. I can't wait for the Olympics to begin!

His spins looked so much better. I guess some time spent with Lucinda Ruh has paid well. ow he only needs to land his jumps. Imagine how exciting the program will look like if he does!

I kind of hope he can use a new SP for the olympic season. I liked it a lot. It has always been a crowd-pleaser, and Joubert sold it well. But somewhat I just don't feel very excited about seeing it again for another entire season. The same goes with other skaters too. I mean, come on, it's the olympic season! People want to see something new! I do understand that skaters stick to their old programs for various different reasons, but still

ETA: I want to thank whoever opens this new thread; I'm very happy to take an early glance at Brian's new program. And may I say the title is indeed an eye-catcher!
    Last edited by SusieH; 09-18-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    And you know what we can do in this thread (compared to the Plushy thread...)? We can find sexy Brian pictures and drool over them!
    oh, snap!

though I don't find Brian all that overly attractive, I still loved this comment!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    I kind of hope he can use a new SP for the olympic season. I liked it a lot. It has always been a crowd-pleaser, and Joubert sold it well. But somewhat I just don't feel very excited about seeing it again for another entire season.
    I felt the same. Last season, I liked his SP. When he announced that he was going to keep it, I was happy. But this time, when I saw it, I had a different feeling. I am a little tired of his old SP.

For his new LP, I want to add, I like his straight line footwork section very much. But somehow, I don't like him using Yagudin's "Overcome" music. It distracts me. I couldn't thoroughly enjoy his skating - I was thinking about Yagudin's movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    ^^ Go ahead!
    I'm so in awe with his free skate At once a program which comes close to fulfilling his potential choreography-wise. Definitely a kick-*** olympic program! Allez Brian!!!
    I like his FS too, I saw it a couple of days ago, a bit rough, but tons of potentials there as the season advances. BTW I didn't know Brian's Bday was in september, how great!! happy pre-birthday Brian!

Brian Joubert and the NHK documentary, this time in English (very short article).

Add me to the group who wanted a new SP. I was never a huge fan of Rise, even back when it was an exhibition (at least the costume was better then!). On the other hand, I do like Brian, and if this is what works for him in preparing for the Olympics, I guess I'll have to go with it . I've read that they've tinkered with the ending a bit, I guess I'll see if that's the case at TEB...

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Everybody deserves everything, IMO. Now all Brian needs to do, is to skate clean.
    I meant that he is one of the best for podium. Although If Takahashi, Lambiel and Plusenko skate also clean, I am not sure Joubert needs only to skate clean to win them

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    I meant that he is one of the best for podium. Although If Takahashi, Lambiel and Plusenko skate also clean, I am not sure Joubert needs only to skate clean to win them
    I believe it was Tarasova who once said 'The more mistakes one makes in his program, the more dependent one become on the flaws of his rivals".

Who skates clean is a 6.0 thing. A clean skate is not necessary in order to do well; doing as as much of the planned content as possible is, even if there are some mistakes - so long as those mistakes are not URs.

Think of the Zhangs in Torino, or Carolina Kostner's silver in 2008, or Savchenko/Szolkowy win at 2008 Worlds - they skated a bad LP, and were still first despite a really good and almost totally clean performance from D/D. Not to mention that the chances of more than 1-2 people of the top tier skaters going clean are slim.

Custom Title
    I agree with B.

The good thing is that this time, Joubert's LP seems not only having jumps. It has emotion and intensity. I expect this program to bring out more of his artistic talent.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I believe it was Tarasova who once said 'The more mistakes one makes in his program, the more dependent one become on the flaws of his rivals".
    yes I agree, the best is too depend on your own strengths.

Custom Title
    Happy B-Day Brian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Brian Joubert and the NHK documentary, this time in English (very short
    And video about documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal7b2qw8jo

hilarious but better that his costumes of competition

Custom Title
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!

I wish you all the best in your life, specially a gold medal at Olympics!

Losts of kisses and hugs to you

Didn't someone suggest Joubert will stay in eligible skating post-Vancouver in order to (among other things) have an opportunity to skate at Worlds in France? Well - apparently the FFSG is applying to host 2012 Worlds (Brian will be 27 then). Though I must say it would be a bit surprising for a European city to host Worlds that year, given that 2010 is in Torino.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast