Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weir's new SP

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Thank you for the link, LilyOfTheValley

Since 'Skating for the Heart' is a charity event with an important message, I think participation, showing you really care, matters more that the actual skating.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I feel like it's been a year I havent seen Johnny skating, I m looking forward to seeing his Sp
    Me too! He sounds very happy about this years programs, so I can't wait to see them!!

Custom Title
    I'm usually not a big fan of Johnny's skating but I was touched by this exhibition program. He skated it with heart.

Medalist

improved spins

The spins are gorgeous and much faster than in the past--slow spins were one of my few complaints about Johnny. Footwork was very good. Also, good choreography. Let's hope this carries over to his competition programs.

average opinionated skate fan

"Diva Wilson"

I hope that this year's collaboration with David Wilson (Diva Wilson, to quote Johnny) is really spectacular.

Wilson is such a gifted choreographer and while I love JWe's Russian influences, I hope Wilson has provided him some of his often illustrated mojo.

I've always thought that Buttle's and Rochette's programs were some of the best composed skating choreography out there toda

Custom Title
    Johnny's new SP: I like it much better than last year's.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the link.

After watching I have to agree with those who've said it's not all that much different from previous programs. Also the costume is not as extreme as I expected from his comments.

This particular performance didn't sparkle for me. Will be fun to watch and see if he - and it - progresses as the season does.
    Last edited by merrybari; 09-28-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I love Johnny and am disappointed to say this program did nothing for me. Maybe it's a grower.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Maybe it's a grower.
    LOL. Actually, I think it may be ... it did seem to gain momentum as it went on. Perhaps ice-ular tumescence will occur over the season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Maybe it's a grower.
    Amen I love Johnny's skating (and his colorful personality ), and I really want to love his programs too. Let's hope it's a grower. Besides, it seems he cut some parts off due to the size of the rink, so we haven't seen the full version yet!

On the Ice
    I'm a big fan of Johnny but that program really did nothing at all for me. After his performance and nationals last year I was really hoping for drastic improvement.

Custom Title
    Maybe this sp is still a work in progress? Anyway, I was disappointed to see that Weir did not change his interpretation according to the change in tempo. I wonder, if this is the original Wilson choreography or has there been changes done by Weir´s coaches? I really liked the music and it gives the opportunity for so much more.

His program did nothing for me and found it a little bland which doesn't go at all with his outgoing personality but then again it is early and its still a work in process. I'm sure it will get better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast