Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weir's new SP

Tripping on the Podium
    I've seen bits and pieces of this program during Johnny's practices, and I think it is much better live and in person. IMO, the power and grace of his skating never come thru 100% on film!

It is very cool music, isn't it!

Medalist
    Really bland. What a disappointment.

Custom Title
    Potentially very hot. Looking forward to seeing it properly, and of course it needs some mileage. The costume I already like a lot.

Custom Title
    What a mixture of opinions!

Custom Title
    I think the music sounds tacky lol.

Custom Title
    I am very anxious to see Johnny perform his new SP at the Rostelecom Cup. I think we'll see a big difference compared to the small rink and poor video quality from the Stars, Stripes & Skates Show in Danbury.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tilak View Post
    I am very anxious to see Johnny perform his new SP at the Rostelecom Cup. I think we'll see a big difference compared to the small rink and poor video quality from the Stars, Stripes & Skates Show in Danbury.
    yes. We will have to wait until a real competition to form a a legitamate opinion. But professional rink or not, nothing will help the bad music.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    nothing will help the bad music.
    Music choice is and always will be subjective.

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KayMil01 View Post
    I think the music sounds tacky lol.
    I fully agree. I does sound tacky for me. Especially the second half.

Custom Title
    I also agree about the music, but even more distracting to me was that he didn't always seem to be skating to/with it!

I might be alone in really liking the music!! I really enjoyed seeing the programme, though i think the home movie filming didn't help with the overall impression. Is that his actual SP costume? I thought we were told to expect corsets and feathers (or was that for his LP?).

I loved the step sequences and think that this is definitely a programme that he'll perform better as the season goes goes on. The things i did wonder about were that i didn't think there were any new spin positions in this programme, and that despite the music being busy enough to warrant the kind of over abundance of transitions that Wilson usually puts in, the programme seemed pretty empty at the start where all the jumps were laid out - could that have been rink size playing in?

Anyway i look forward to seeing this programme again (if any of the GPs make it to youtube!).

Ant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2