Workplace Bully - Help!!! | Golden Skate

Workplace Bully - Help!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have a new problem that just developed at work. One of the new staff is turning out to be a bully. I just received her rath the other day and she reported me to my supervisor and mangagement had a meeting with us. Of course, she was trying to make me look bad and succeeded. My boss gave me a real dressing down. This gal is really dangerous!!! I am going to have to be on my guard when working with her. It's creating a lot of stress for me. Any advice? Anyone here at GS have this problem?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah, only my boss is on my side... he always chants "document, document, document"

keep your nose clean, still be nice, but make sure anything screwy that goes on gets documented, and give it to your immediate supervisor.. have coworkers do the same.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not all workplace bullies are mean. There was a gal that was super, super, super nice but she had her game down pat.

Toni said:
keep your nose clean, still be nice, but make sure anything screwy that goes on gets documented, and give it to your immediate supervisor.. have coworkers do the same.
I agree with Toni. How long has your supervisor known you???

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Not all workplace bullies are mean. There was a gal that was super, super, super nice but she had her game down pat.

I agree with Toni. How long has your supervisor known you???

My Supervisor has known me for at least ten years. I was not full time permanent for a few of those years, but I worked with her and several of the other stafff members even from day one. My supervisor knows my work habits are really good, I am conscientious and very reliable and know my job inside and out. The problem is the new people including this troublemaker are playing up to the supervisor and they have my supervisor on their side. Management is also backing them up. We "old, long time" employees are getting the shaft. It's quite the situation.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
My Supervisor has known me for at least ten years. I was not full time permanent for a few of those years, but I worked with her and several of the other stafff members even from day one. My supervisor knows my work habits are really good, I am conscientious and very reliable and know my job inside and out. The problem is the new people including this troublemaker are playing up to the supervisor and they have my supervisor on their side. Management is also backing them up. We "old, long time" employees are getting the shaft. It's quite the situation.

Could your Management be setting up the "old, long time employees" for termination because they can get younger workers for less money? I agree with the idea of documenting everything (so you can show that any purported "cause" is pretext) but look for another job.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Could your Management be setting up the "old, long time employees" for termination because they can get younger workers for less money? I agree with the idea of documenting everything (so you can show that any purported "cause" is pretext) but look for another job.

No the newbies get the same wage as us, because we are in a Union. However, you may have something in wanting to replace us, but that can't really happen until we all retire. A couple of my coworkers will be retiring soon. Unfortunately, I have about ten more years to go. Woe is me if this person gets full time, right now I only have to put up with her during rush.

I know the management is trying to change the image of the store. I guess that includes us. It's quite sickening actually.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to hear about this kind of situation. Hope it improves for you, and this person gets her just desserts.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes, it is important to document. If things really get out of hand, you should speak to your manager's boss, especially if your boss shows signs of favoritism.

I would suggest HR, but they are really there to protect the interests of the company. However, if your boss does anything that legally infringes on your job, then you should report it to HR just to start the paper trail.

You should probably mention the document trail to others who may be 'losing'. If any of you leave, you can bring these incidents up during your exit interviews. While they may view 1 report as disgruntled employee, they can't dismiss when they hear from several.

It would be helpful to hear of some of the details to determine if anyone of us can offer a way to diffuse the situation, as well.

Wicked

Final Flight
Can talk to her very specifically about whatever she's bullying you about? I had a colleague who kept harping about health concerns for a mutual client of ours. I called her and said, "it seems you have concerns about X's health. Well, here's how we are addressing that. Spelled X's health management plan out. Is there anything that you think I'm missing?" She never bothered me again. Some people like to bring up these vague concerns to make others look bad and themselves look good. When they are confronted about exactly what specifically is behind these concerns, they got nothin'!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad...........Did you say you are Union? Could you speak to your Union rep? 42

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Actually, now that I think of it, the bully I remember didn't just get himself fired. He was beaten up AND fired !! :eek: