Isabelle Delobel | Golden Skate

Isabelle Delobel

Big Deal

Final Flight
I wonder if there are any announcement about her baby?
If I remember well it is about time to give birth to her/him.

calica

Final Flight
The arrival of the baby was foreseen for September 12, but even he (or she) has not born (or at least even they have not announced his birth). ;);)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isobel is now a little over a week past her due date. But any doctor would consider a baby born 'on time' up to two weeks past the due date.

The problem is every day the baby remains unborn, it grows a little bigger, and that means the potential for problems also grows. If Isobel has to have a Caesarian section delivery, that could put their Olympic aspirations in doubt.

Wicked

Final Flight
Many pregnant women I've known in the US were told by their doctors that they would induce if the baby was not delivered two weeks after the due date. I don't know if doctors in France follow that same standard.

Simone

Match Penalty
I've been wondering about her lately ... hopefully the silence doesn't mean that something had went terribly wrong ...

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Due dates are not 100% accurate. If she does not go soon, they probably will induce her labor. Happens all the time. I would not worry, but I bet she cant wait to deliver this baby!

beep_beep

Medalist
Maybe she's had it but is ashamed Morozov is the real father...

:laugh:

Honestly, I think she had the baby some 2 weeks ago and is just keeping it quiet (which is quite a feat considering the crazy forum fans...)

Kypma

Final Flight
Honestly, I think she had the baby some 2 weeks ago and is just keeping it quiet (which is quite a feat considering the crazy forum fans...)

But wouldn't it be good to tell the public and fans that they're on track for their quest for an Olympic Medal, maybe even gold? Often, teams tell the media how they've improved this and that during the off-season, in order to prepare people to see the differences, don't they?

I wish we were at least getting some news from them...

-Kypma

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Isabelle had had the baby two weeks ago, I'm sure there would have been an announcement. She'd be getting ready to go back to the ice for practice sessions.

If she hasn't had the baby by now, it's definitely going to put their Olympic training way off schedule. Olivier was hoping she'd deliver the first week of September, and now we're almost into October.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Isabelle made a recent posting... mentioning she is eight months pregnant... http://blog.aquaflores.com/index.php?post/2009/Maman-Heureuse-1. If so... she'll give birth sometime in October... and throw their plans for the Olympics off... but the health of Isabelle and her baby is more important...

I agree. However, I must say that if Isabelle really is 8 months pregnant (and not 8 and 1/2) it means that when she announced her pregnancy she had been pregnant for less time than she thought. What I really would like to know is since when Isabelle knew acurately for how long she had been pregnant for. If she and her team have known for a few months, then I'm not too worried for the Olympics as it means that they trained knowing how late Isabelle would give birth. However, if Isabelle and her team have only known for a little while, that could make going to the Olys trickier. I think it's fair to say that they won't participate in the Grand Prix events or the French nats.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If indeed Isabelle is giving birth in October, then it would appear that their Olympic bid may be in jeopardy. The original hope was that she would have the baby in early September and get back to the ice by the beginning of October. They would then have had 3 full months to get back in shape by the Olympics. But now that 3 months has been reduced to two. That doesn't seem to be enough time.

redhotcoach

On the Ice
Didn't both Jamie Sale and Kristy Sargent-Wirtz both get back on their blades shortly after giving birth -- and they were pairs skaters. I realize that Sale was doing shows not the Olympics - but Kristy had two babies during her skating career.

antmanb

Record Breaker
If indeed Isabelle is giving birth in October, then it would appear that their Olympic bid may be in jeopardy. The original hope was that she would have the baby in early September and get back to the ice by the beginning of October. They would then have had 3 full months to get back in shape by the Olympics. But now that 3 months has been reduced to two. That doesn't seem to be enough time.

When in February are the Olympics? If it is mid february then if they are back on the ice by mid october then that is still four months training before the Olympics (assuming they get a pass through their nationals).

Ant