Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: question about 4CC

  1. #1
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6

    question about 4CC

    Does anyone know how the US plans on sending anyone to compete at 4cc since nationals ends Jan 24 and 4cc starts the 25 in Korea?

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,801
    Good question. I do not know the answer.

    The way the Nationals schedule is set up this year, this will not be a problem for the men and pairs, who will finish their events by Jan. 17. I would guess that the International Committee will name the men's and pairs international assignments as soon as the nationals results are in.

    It will be a problem for the ladies and especially the ice dancers, who will finish competing on Jan. 23 (or 22 for the dancers?). The exact schedules for Nationals and 4Cs haven't been released yet. It's likely that the CDs at 4Cs would take place on Jan. 26, which only leaves about 3 days for the dance teams to get to Korea.

    I would also expect that none of the Olympic team members will go to 4Cs.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    If no Olympic team members from any country go to 4CC, that nearly gives the U.S. a lock on the 4CC ladies' title. While the U.S. may not have any ladies' superstars at the moment, we do have an unusually deep team. Whichever U.S. ladies do not go to the Olympics should be able to take the title.

  4. #4
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    True but with the the ladies free skate being on the 23 it gives them no time to prepare for 4CC. Its the same thing with dance.

  5. #5
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    If no Olympic team members from any country go to 4CC, that nearly gives the U.S. a lock on the 4CC ladies' title. While the U.S. may not have any ladies' superstars at the moment, we do have an unusually deep team. Whichever U.S. ladies do not go to the Olympics should be able to take the title.
    I think you forgot the japanese ladies

  6. #6
    Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I think you forgot the japanese ladies
    i must agree. I think it might be better on the single skaters cause it be like one long competition instead of the usually one week break that may trick you into resting on your loins. The skater will already be prepared due to nationals. The main question is the jet lag and time change. The ice dancers are the only ones i see with a major disadvantage.

    I wish US nationals weren't held so late each year. I think the skaters would be fine if it was a week earlier.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I think you forgot the japanese ladies
    The Japanese are the only team that will send 3 ladies to the Olympics. Can the 4th best Japanese lady beat the 3rd best American?

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    The Japanese are the only team that will send 3 ladies to the Olympics. Can the 4th best Japanese lady beat the 3rd best American?
    Yes, any of Nakano, Ando or Suzuki (let's face it, one of those three ladies is gonna miss the games..) is capable of beating Zhang, Wagner, Flatt, etc. Last season the 4th japanese lady (Suzuki) beat the US national champion (Czisny). Im not saying that will happen but it is a more than likely possibility.
    Last edited by SamuraiKike; 09-22-2009 at 07:56 PM.

  9. #9
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Yes, any of Nakano, Ando or Suzuki (let's face it, one of those three ladies is gonna miss the games..) is capable of beating Zhang, Wagner, Flatt, etc. Last season the 4th japanese lady (Suzuki) beat the US national champion (Czisny). Im not saying that will happen but it is a more than likely possibility.
    This is just my opinion, but do you really think Fumie is going to the Olympics? I think Miki and Mao are a lock.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    345
    Do US citizens need visa to enter Korea? If they require visa, I can't see any possibility to send the teams pending the Nationals result.
    Last edited by samba; 09-23-2009 at 10:53 AM.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    This is just my opinion, but do you really think Fumie is going to the Olympics? I think Miki and Mao are a lock.
    NO, I like her but I actually think Fumie is waay past her prime. That's why I didn't even include her in the possible threats for US ladies at 4CC. I think the only lock for japanese team right now is Mao and the three girls I mentioned will fight for the remaining spots. Even with a subpar performance I really doubt Asada will miss the podium at nationals. I know Miki is reigning bronze medallist but that's not a guarantee and she's is still too inconsistent which makes her vulnerable and I could see her being out if she undeperforms. I would agree that after Mao she's the more likely to make it though..

  12. #12
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    NO, I like her but I actually think Fumie is waay past her prime. That's why I didn't even include her in the possible threats for US ladies at 4CC. I think the only lock for japanese team right now is Mao and the three girls I mentioned will fight for the remaining spots. Even with a subpar performance I really doubt Asada will miss the podium at nationals. I know Miki is reigning bronze medallist but that's not a guarantee and she's is still too inconsistent which makes her vulnerable and I could see her being out if she undeperforms. I would agree that after Mao she's the more likely to make it though..
    Thank you for making your point clear!



    Now this is just a random onbservation: I think people from Golden Skate are nicer than people form FSU. I don't know why... Maybe it's just my imagination.

  13. #13
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    nevermind.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 09-24-2009 at 02:20 PM.

  14. #14
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    NO, I like her but I actually think Fumie is waay past her prime. That's why I didn't even include her in the possible threats for US ladies at 4CC. I think the only lock for japanese team right now is Mao and the three girls I mentioned will fight for the remaining spots. Even with a subpar performance I really doubt Asada will miss the podium at nationals. I know Miki is reigning bronze medallist but that's not a guarantee and she's is still too inconsistent which makes her vulnerable and I could see her being out if she undeperforms. I would agree that after Mao she's the more likely to make it though..
    Totally agree with you SamuraiKite
    My prediction for the Japanese Ladies are: Fumie, Nana Takeda, Satuki Muramoto(the elder sis), and Mari Suzuki as a reserve.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Last season the 4th japanese lady (Suzuki) beat the US national champion (Czisny).
    Yes, but Suzuki was beaten by the 2nd American lady ( Rachael ) and the 3rd ( Caroline ).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •