Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: question about 4CC

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,422
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    Does anyone know who is on the Japanese men team for 4CC? (Aside from Kento Nakamura).
    Nakamura (7th at Nationals) replaced Kozuka who was selected originally but then must have declined. Tatsuki Machida (4th) and Yasuharu Nanri (6th) are the other 2, last I heard.

    Ladies: Asada, Suzuki, Nakano
    Pairs: Takahashi/Tran
    Dance: Reed/Reed

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,125
    Has the USFSA done any communications about the subject of the 4CC Ladies and Ice Dance teams? I can imagine not a lot of the skaters would *want* to go! Nats is a huge competition, such a drain on their physical and emotional strengths, to get on a flight to the other side of the world directly after it's over seems like a very uncomfortable situation! I definitely hope NONE of the Oly team members will go to 4CC because it looks like suicide! Maybe some up and comers like Alexe will want to go to gain experience and international exposure.

  3. #33
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,438

    just another question

    Why are US and Canada having their nationals in the beginning of the new year? Opposite to most nations that have already done its nationals in 2009.

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,801
    They always do. Before Four Continents existed, the US at least often used to hold Nationals in February in non-Olympic years.

    These countries have large enough fields that they use two levels of qualifiers for skaters to try to get to Nationals. In the US that's regionals in October and sectionals in November. Which would make a tight schedule for holding Nationals in December.

    Also the GPF is now in December, so instead of Nationals being too close to 4Cs, it would be too close to the GPF instead. Either way, some top skaters would have tight schedules or choose to skip the international events.

  5. #35
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks gkelly.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    These countries have large enough fields that they use two levels of qualifiers for skaters to try to get to Nationals. In the US that's regionals in October and sectionals in November. Which would make a tight schedule for holding Nationals in December.
    I thought it was because something like that. Other big FS nations, like Japan and Russia, have their nationals at the end of december, while they are not celebrating x-mas/new year(thank you ) Anyway it seems like US and Canada seldom send their top skaters to 4CC.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Also the GPF is now in December, so instead of Nationals being too close to 4Cs, it would be too close to the GPF instead. Either way, some top skaters would have tight schedules or choose to skip the international events.
    Right, but that's true for all top skaters that reaches GPF.

  6. #36
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7

    TV coverage

    Hi, does anyone know where we can view live stream of 4CC from Korea, as I have a son competing in this comp and I was unable to go myself.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by webbo View Post
    Hi, does anyone know where we can view live stream of 4CC from Korea, as I have a son competing in this comp and I was unable to go myself.
    I'll do a little more research during the week, but justin.tv/skate_skate may work.

    Also, aussieSKATES is planning to upload any clips of Australian skaters that can be accessed to their youtube site later in the week.

  8. #38
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    11

    starting orders..

    Does anyone know when the starting orders will go up,, thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •