Japan Open | Golden Skate

Japan Open

younggrass

Rinkside
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2009/

Is this like the cheesefest we had last year?

It used to be a cheesefest but I think it might be different this year.
Since it is held in very biginning of the season and the skaters will debut new FS programs, it becomes much more interesting events to watch and also the skaters would be more serious. Especially It's Olympic season this yea. I can't wait seeing their new FS!

younggrass

Rinkside
Was it closed?

Sorry, I don't understand "closed" mean well, but this is an invitational event which the organizer decide who to complete in. The events are held in a huge arina in Saitama prefecture in Japan and open to the audience. Unfortunately the ticket sale is sluggish so far.

And I heard Sarah Meier withdraw from the event due to her injury just a few minutes ago. Hope she'll be OK and wonder who can come for her long way from Europe to Japan in this time of the year.

Spirit

On the Ice
Sorry, I don't understand "closed" mean well.

I was making a joke. In English, "open" and "closed" are adjectives with opposite meanings, such as "The door is open" and "The door is closed".

A business can also be "open" (ready to conduct business) or "closed" (gone home for the day).

When you said "Japan Open", the first thing I thought of was, "Japan Closed".

younggrass

Rinkside
I was making a joke. In English, "open" and "closed" are adjectives with opposite meanings, such as "The door is open" and "The door is closed".

A business can also be "open" (ready to conduct business) or "closed" (gone home for the day).

When you said "Japan Open", the first thing I thought of was, "Japan Closed".

Now I understand!
I hope someday I can make a joke in English. Anyway, thank you for explaining.

kandidy

Final Flight
I lived in Japan. It will broadcast on TokyoTV. I am not sure it is live, though I can do pbp.;)

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
On the site I see 12:00 and 13:00. Is it the starting time of the competition? If so, I think Tv-tokyo (which is streamed on KeyHoleTV) will not show it live.

mayamae_55

Rinkside
Hi everyone,
TV Tokyo will not broadcast Japan Open live- competition starts at 1PM and the TV program starts at 7PM.
The gala show starts at 6PM, and will be on TV from 4PM on the 4th.

I was lucky enough to get a good ticket for the competition:) I won't be able to be online until I get home in the evening but I'll drop some info about the performances.
I'm sure Mao's "Prelude in C-sharp minor, Op.3-2 " will be just exequisite.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. Mao looks amazing. I love how she is using her hands and face so much more. I cant wait!!!!