Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Open

On the Ice
    Oh, dear. Mao's LP is difinetly worse than Masquerade. Other than footwork it is so boring.
    Maybe if she could land jumps and skate with more passion it would look better. I cross my fingers.
    Last edited by Mikoto; 10-03-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kandidy View Post
    Laura's dress is my favorite.
    I love her beautiful red dress, too!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091003/ca...ing_xjk105.jpg

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Not sure why people think Mao's program is "passionless" or without "expression."

I mean, seriously, has the Masquerade program really closed minds so much?
    Yes, the piece is huge and dramatic, but there is a clear improvement in her facial expression and arm movements.
    There is a big difference between the two programs. If Masquerade was repetitive, then Bells is the farthest thing from it. In Bells nearly all of the elements and transitions were very much unique. Also, in case you haven't noticed Mao picked up quite a bit of speed on her spirals.

Needless to say, her jumps were pretty off here. I hope she is able to pick up the speed and flow for them by or during the GP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I just watched Mao.
    IMO, the piano version of this music might have been more suitable for Mao.
    Yeah, I was just thinking this program could benefit from mixing in the piano version into the middle of the program for more variation. I do like the bigger orchestral version she's using, she just needs more nuance.

Custom Title
    Thank you to calza00 on YT for the videos! :cheer:

Kozuka
    Yukari
    Joannie
    Laura
    Mao

Custom Title
    Thanks everyone for comments and pbp! What a slim margin of victory - good to know most are skating so well this early in the season. Gives the eligibles a yardstick to measure by as the season begins. Eager for vids of the men.

ETA: Does anyone else find it odd that there has been no mention of this competition as yet on Icenetwork or the USFS website? Hmmm?

I do feel badly for Bebe, but it's not completely her responsibility that NA came in second; one less miss by anyone and the result would've been different. .13 margin is scarcely a run away - but good for Team Europe. They did well.
    Last edited by merrybari; 10-03-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Joannie's Sanson is going to be one of my favourite LP of my life. G-O-R-G-E-U-S!

I understand other people's point about Mao's program.
    I just felt that why the audiences need to push such "effort" to interprete her program? Isn't it better to pick program that makes her feel comfortable to her skating?Especially in Olympic year.

I had experience watching Mao live before, what I can tell about her skating is that she skates so "quiet"even her jumping. TAT should use Mao's strength to strengthen her program, not trying to create powerful skating from Mao.

Sorry abt my poor English, hope you get my point.
    Last edited by kandidy; 10-03-2009 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    Thank you to calza00 on YT for the videos! :cheer:

Kozuka
    Yukari
    Joannie
    Laura
    Mao
    Thank you so much for the links.

Joannie's program just Wowed me. Beautiful presentation, athleticism and connection to the music and to the audience. Brilliant. Deserved first place.

Laura's program was also excellent just a couple of bobbles on the jumps. Her footwork was very good and it actually went with the music. Great dress and color on her.

I hope that Mao works out her jump problems, otherwise her other elements were excellent and I liked her program very much.

Team Europe!!! Hah! I thought we would get slaughtered. Great job, guys!

Thanks for pbp.

Love Laura's and Joannie's programs, very nice.

I love Joannie's program! It was technically and artistically magnificent! Lovely music!

Laura has improved so much! Her interpretation and musicality is exquisite! She was mesmerizing!

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Thanks a lot for videos!
    From all ladies I have seen I admired Laura the most. She reminded me Sasha in some movements, hairstyle and her low sit spin. The program really suits her and she interpretates it nicely in her own way.
    Joannie did a good job but she herself, not the program just does not make it for me. It seems too athletic as always for my taste.
    Yukari's program suits her and I have a feeling she enjoys it. Too bad she fall so painfully in the begining. But overall intersting interpretation of music. Footwork looked a bit easy for me though.
    Mao..very similar too last year's program. The music is gorgeous when performed on piano but orchetral version overpowers Mao's skating. I think she should have skated to piano version. From the other hand it does look difficult and can be a real hit if performed clean. Good new facial experessions. The program just looks very heavy for gentle Mao's skating for me.
    Last edited by Charlotte Elizabeth; 10-03-2009 at 08:18 AM.

I really liked Mao's program. The music is repetitive but I don't mind this time. Her expression and not just facially but with her whole body is 10000x improved. And that footwork was amazing.

I am a huge, huge fan of Rachmaninov - but boy, what a heavy program. It kind of depressed my Mum and me. Compared to that the waltz program was very light.

I'm waiting for Jeremy's video. It was so wonderful. Why nobody uploads it?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast