Thread: Will It Snow?

Hybrid View

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Will It Snow?

We had a tremendous amount of snow last year. This year may be different. They (the weather experts) are predicting an El Nino winter here on the West Coast. Of course, for figure skating events it does not matter if it snows or not. It will be interesting to see if we have our typical wet, soggy rain for 2010!! Bring your umbrellas!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Vancover doesn't snow that much, it is on the water, so they mostly get rain anyway. That is why they had to have the snow events in Whistler, a popular ski resort (which is becoming more popular with the hollywood crowd and probably even more so after this). I don't know exactly how far Whistler is and how different the weather is, but I do know they get snow there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Vancover doesn't snow that much, it is on the water, so they mostly get rain anyway. That is why they had to have the snow events in Whistler, a popular ski resort (which is becoming more popular with the hollywood crowd and probably even more so after this). I don't know exactly how far Whistler is and how different the weather is, but I do know they get snow there.
    I think Ladskater lives near Vancouver so he already knows what the weather is like there. There is a very good chance Van will not have snow for the Games but I am excited about this! This leaves more time for walking around outside and enjoying the atmosphere without freezing my butt off - although I may get soaked! It will likely feel like Spring to me Whistler is two hours away from Vancouver, however, I would bet artifical snow will have to be used at some point.