Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan
Pairs Roster Presumptive
With the pairs competition just concluding in Germany, the skaters locked, probably, and possible for Vancouver, as well as the first four alternates:
1. GER: Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy, locked
2. GER: Maylin Hauch & Daniel Wende, very probable
3. CHN: Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao, locked
4. CHN: Dan Zhang & Hao Zhang, locked
5. CHN: Qing Pang & Jian Tong, locked
6. RUS: Yuko Kawaguchi & Alexander Smirnov, locked
7. RUS: Maria Mukhortov & Maxim Trankov, locked
8. RUS: Lubov Ilushechkina & Nodari Maisuradze, frontrunners over Ksenia Krasilnikova & Konstantin Bezmaternikh, Vera Bazarova & Yuri Larionov, Ksenia Ozerova & Alexander Enbert, Sabina Imaikina & Andrei Novoselov...
9. UKR: Tatiana Volosozhar & Stanislav Morozov, locked
10. UKR: Ekaterina Kostkenko & Roman Talan, probable
11. CAN: Jessica Dubé & Bryce Davison, frontrunners over two listed below
12. CAN: Megan Duhamel & Craig Buntin or Anabelle Longlois & Cody Hay
13. USA: Keuna McLaughlin & Rockne Brubaker, probable
14. USA: Caydee Denney & Jeremy Barrett, probable
15. FRA: Vanessa James & Yannick Bonheur, frontrunners over Adeline Canac & Maximin Coia, if she can gain citizenship(she's been in France two years now and they're good at that sort of thing, so I suspect she will)
16. GBR: Stacy Kemp & David King, locked
17. SUI: Anais Morand & Antoine Dorsaz, locked
18. EST: Maria Sergejeva & Ilia Glebov, locked
19. POL: Joanna Sulej & Mateusz Chruscinski, frontrunners over Krystyna Klimczak & Janusz Karweta
20. ITA: Nicole Della Monica & Yannick Kocon, heavy frontrunners over Marika Zanforlin & Federico Degli Espoti
1. PRK: Mi Hyang Sung & Yong Hyok Jung, persumably, though in 2006 one North Korean pairs skater qualified for Torino with one partner, then showed up to compete with another!
2. TPE: Amanda Sunyoto-Yang & Darryll Sulindro-Yang
3. GRE: Jessica Grenshav & Chad Tasgris, if she can get citizenship(a recent IceNetwork article made this sound far from impossible)
4. SVK: Gabriela Cermanova & Martin Hanulak
Imaikina & Novoselov are no longer together. They are skating with different partners If I'm not Mistaken. Since Martiusheva/Rogonov can't go to the olympics my wish for Russian 3rd spot goes to I/M.
I think the 2 spots for US pairs are wide open. Keauna & Rockne are leaders but vulnerable and very beatable. Its gonna be close between them and D/B, C/O, I/B and E/L.
It's so sad one of the three top canadian pairs will stay at home. If it were for me, I would give them the spot over the 2nd Ukrainian team any day.
Yay for Sergejeva/Glebov and the Swiss kids for making it!!.
SVK is no alternate anymore!
The German pairs for the Olympics are fix too!
Savchenko/Solzkowy of course.
And the second team will be Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende.
Mari Vartmann/Florian Jost didn´t receive enough points at her international competitons.
Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan.
It looks like Vanessa will have no problem heading to Vancouver. From IFS forum:
Originally Posted by MissIzzy
Vanessa James received some good news for Christmas: French officials will grant her citizenship. James received notification on Tuesday, just hours before the French Olympic committee officially named her (and partner Yannick Bonheur) to the Olympic team for Vancouver.
Born in Canada (Scarborough, Ont.) 22 years ago (she was born on Sept. 27 1989), James held a British passport. She was GBR national champion in 2006 and placed 27th at the 2007 ISU Junior World Championships before moving to France.
"We are both excited and thrilled by the news," Bonheur told IFS. Today, they are flying to Indianapolis to train there until the Europeans.