Jennifer blog: Breaking News: Fedor Andreev not to compete in this year’s Games | Golden Skate

Jennifer blog: Breaking News: Fedor Andreev not to compete in this year’s Games

i love to skate

Medalist
Apparently he needed a letter of citizenship from AZE in order to compete which the federation did not provide him - or Joelle Forte for that matter. He won't get to compete at the Olympics because Nebelhorn was the qualifying competition for the Games. It is hard to believe the AZE federation dropped the ball twice in the span of 7 months. He stated he still wants to skate in Euros as well as Worlds. Who knows what will happen next...

It seems like Fedor could have called up the Azerbajian federation some time over the summer and asked, "say, did you get that citizenship letter in the ,mail yet?"

Then he could have called tha ISU and said, hey, guys, did that letter arrive yet?

That way he wouldn't have been blindsided when he showed up at Nebelhorn.

seniorita

Record Breaker
maybe in Aze telephone lines didnt work that day ...
it is bad situation for him, why they re ditching their skater again?

i love to skate

Medalist
It seems like Fedor could have called up the Azerbajian federation some time over the summer and asked, "say, did you get that citizenship letter in the ,mail yet?"

Then he could have called tha ISU and said, hey, guys, did that letter arrive yet?

That way he wouldn't have been blindsided when he showed up at Nebelhorn.

From what I have heard he did not know that he needed the letter of citizenship. He was only told this when he showed up for Nebelhorn...