Votes: 26 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 71 59.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 18.5%

• Total voters

Basics

On the Ice
3A-3T? There's just no way. If you look at her 3A takeoff, she leans backward so there's not enough speed coming out of it to add 3T. She should work on her 3F-3Lo instead.

vlaurend

Final Flight
She could probably do it if she worked on it, but under IJS there is no advantage to doing a 3A+3T. She's better off doing the 3T after the landing of an easier triple jump (like a 3F) if she wants to do it in combination. The points all add up the same.

lcd

Match Penalty
What's the "math" on such a feat? Is it worth the risk? Remember Midori Ito was all set to do the triple axel in 1992, then she "backed down" to the lutz, but ended up falling anyway.

Bennett

Record Breaker
perhaps she can do it in practice and a cheese fest. But 2A-3T, 3f-3l, or 3f-3t would be better choices for comps.

harmy18

Rinkside
No......certainly not, even she did it but would eventually be downgraded. Even her 3A sounds sharky to me......

mskater93

Record Breaker
What's the point difference if she receives a UR vs. fully rotated with a fall? Are there enough points available to make it worth the risk?

UR is WORSE than a fall - double penalty!

There is no way with her 3A as shaky as it is and the landing as slow as it is that she could pull of a 3T at this point.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
UR is WORSE than a fall - double penalty!

There is no way with her 3A as shaky as it is and the landing as slow as it is that she could pull of a 3T at this point.

That's what I thought... then I hope she doesn't do it because I'm sick of skaters doing tricks they can't land. It made me a non-fan of Buttle and he's great. Thanks for the explanation.

Gee

Rinkside
Yes I think she can. Just not this year maybe next year. I heard she is going to try 4s, and 3a-3t next year. wow....crazy mao lol.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'd love to see the video if she did. Nobody has ever done that combination in competition.

Yschntä

Rinkside
I'm sure she can do that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I heard somewhere that she already does this combination in training when she's totally fit. :clap: I'd love to see a video!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If she does 3a-3t she has to change the rest of her jump layout because she would then repeat 3a, 3f, and 3t and you can only repeat 2 in the LP. I guess she could go for it in the SP. Still, most men have trouble landing a 3a-2t and Mao does not have a masculine figure. I guess where she is considerably shorter and lighter than most men it could help, but her center of gravity is also lower than the men.