Stars, Stripes and Skates 2009 [Olympic programs unveiled!] | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars, Stripes and Skates 2009 [Olympic programs unveiled!]

merrybari

Final Flight
. . . the footwork didn't really match the music (but maybe he didn't do his real footwork, as this was just a show).

I thought exactly the same thing while I was watching.

If this is purported to be his competitive short I'd say it's missing a few things. Did I miss a jump combo, or wasn't there one? Doesn't catch my attention and I expected it to after all I'd heard about it. Missed the sparkle. - and I'm not taling costume here, which by the way, wasn't as extreme as I'd been expecting.

The jury is still out for me until I see him compete with it.

momjudi

On the Ice
I read that due to the smallness of the rink and the fact that they had people sitting on the ice, Johnny had to leave out his jump combo and some of the footwork.

Wicked

Final Flight
When I heard that Nobu would be skating to Chaplin, this was what I was hoping for. Love it.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Someone please help me... I cannot seem to either access or find Miki's program. If you have a link and mercy in your heart, please please please post it here. Please And Thank You.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Someone please help me... I cannot seem to either access or find Miki's program. If you have a link and mercy in your heart, please please please post it here. Please And Thank You.

Seems like it has been removed from youtube. I am glad I watched it earlier.

merrybari

Final Flight
Miki may just slide in under the radar and surprise everyone in Vancouver. She seems to be coming in to her own!

shine

Record Breaker
I thought MIki's LP was okay, a little underwhelming after hearing all the praises from posters. As of now, I don't see the many transitions like someone said there were, though there were a lot of hand gestures. But I really liked the SLSS and thought it was the highlight of the LP. I'll have to wait till it is being presented on competitive ice to further comment.
It's a very clever music choice! It disguises her shortcomings in posture/lines and accentuates her exotic qualities.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I liked Miki's LP and look forward to seeing how it progresses. The dress is gorgeous and I love the music.

haejin14

Spectator
Too bad for the fall on footwork.
Chock/Zuerlein had nice od.
This year is it allowed to choose different folk music for one program?
On Icenetwork profile they say they skate to Afro Cuban folk. Does anyone know what is Afro Cuban?

Beginning of program is Strobe's Nanafushi!! :yes: But this confused me greatly.
Strobes Nanafushi is Japanese (Kodo I think)...not Afro Cuban. Is this allowed? Can they do two nationality folk? :scratch:

I really like Nobu's program the best at this show. Charlie Chaplin is perfect for Nobunari. Miki's music was pretty...not sure about Johnny's. Have not decided yet.

mad6ame2

Rinkside
hmm...I was at the show and now that I think of it, that first piece of music didn't really sound Cuban to me. Does anyone know if it (Strobe's Nanafushi) is really Japanese?
I don't know anything about the rules so I don't know if you are allowed to use two different types of folk music in an original dance (I would think not, just because you could get some odd combinations like Russian and Italian. :rofl: