Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stars, Stripes and Skates 2009 [Olympic programs unveiled!]

Custom Title
    Good God, folks, if judges were going to start to deduct Johnny for his costumes they would have done that a long time ago! Remember the outfit he won his World medal in? It was a shoulder-baring corset pulled together with lace (front and back)!That was pure "ladies' wear" and this is manly compared to that get up ( which for the record was awesome, but that's just my subjective opinion)

Seriously, the judges weren't born yesterday and this is figure skating for crying out loud!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I like Miki's dress and hairstyle very much
    Yes, it's a perfect look for her.

Medalist
    Aunt Joyce's Review (With videos)
    http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogsp...nd-skates.html

Custom Title
    Nobu Oda's LP is great! I'm typically not a big fan of Morozov, but I'm very impressed this time, good job! But the all black costume doesn't fit this program, that needs to be changed.

Miki Ando's dress is so lovely! Her expression improved a lot. She may upset the big2 in the Olympics, way to go Miki!

As to Johnny Weir, I agree with most of the posts that after reading all the hypes of this program, I'm disappointed. The music/choroe/skate/costume, everything is the same old same old stuff Zzzzz, nothing's exciting. Jeremy Abbott's SP is much better.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Johnny: I am disappointed. Wasn't this music composed/arranged just for him. The begining sounded like everything else he has skated to and the second part sounded like average dance music at a 40+ dinner. The chreoography was nothing new and the footwork didn't really match the music (but maybe he didn't do his real footwork, as this was just a show).

Miki: Love the dress wow. Nice to hear new music, esp considering this is an olympic year. I watch HBO's Rome and sometimes thought that the music would be good for skating. I just really like the whole concept and the choreography and she actually performs it really well. Way to go!

Nobu: I could listen to Chaplin music all day and he is the perfect skater to use it. Inspired. Absolutely love it. If he skates like that when the pressure is on, he will be hard to beat.
    You kind of sound a bit canned here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    . . . the footwork didn't really match the music (but maybe he didn't do his real footwork, as this was just a show).
    I thought exactly the same thing while I was watching.

If this is purported to be his competitive short I'd say it's missing a few things. Did I miss a jump combo, or wasn't there one? Doesn't catch my attention and I expected it to after all I'd heard about it. Missed the sparkle. - and I'm not taling costume here, which by the way, wasn't as extreme as I'd been expecting.

The jury is still out for me until I see him compete with it.

Custom Title
    I read that due to the smallness of the rink and the fact that they had people sitting on the ice, Johnny had to leave out his jump combo and some of the footwork.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by momjudi View Post
    I read that due to the smallness of the rink and the fact that they had people sitting on the ice, Johnny had to leave out his jump combo and some of the footwork.
    :chorus:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    :chorus:
    Was that a sarcastic reply to momjud's post?????

Custom Title
    Rink size does make a difference. Jury still out though.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    When I heard that Nobu would be skating to Chaplin, this was what I was hoping for. Love it.

Shoe Diva
    Someone please help me... I cannot seem to either access or find Miki's program. If you have a link and mercy in your heart, please please please post it here. Please And Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Someone please help me... I cannot seem to either access or find Miki's program. If you have a link and mercy in your heart, please please please post it here. Please And Thank You.
    Seems like it has been removed from youtube. I am glad I watched it earlier.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    The world is out to get me...

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    It's back. Watch it while you can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast