Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stars, Stripes and Skates 2009 [Olympic programs unveiled!]

Custom Title
    Miki may just slide in under the radar and surprise everyone in Vancouver. She seems to be coming in to her own!

Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    Miki may just slide in under the radar and surprise everyone in Vancouver. She seems to be coming in to her own!
    I think that Miki could do it and that would put a very big smile on my face.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    I thought MIki's LP was okay, a little underwhelming after hearing all the praises from posters. As of now, I don't see the many transitions like someone said there were, though there were a lot of hand gestures. But I really liked the SLSS and thought it was the highlight of the LP. I'll have to wait till it is being presented on competitive ice to further comment.
    It's a very clever music choice! It disguises her shortcomings in posture/lines and accentuates her exotic qualities.
    Last edited by shine; 09-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    It's back. Watch it while you can.
    Who's awesome? Medusa's awesome!!! Thanks so much!

And really good program from Miki... Can't wait to see it develop throughout the season...

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I liked Miki's LP and look forward to seeing how it progresses. The dress is gorgeous and I love the music.

Custom Title
    I think Miki looks great and I can't way for her short program to be unveiled.

Rinkside
    Too bad for the fall on footwork.
    Chock/Zuerlein had nice od.
    This year is it allowed to choose different folk music for one program?
    On Icenetwork profile they say they skate to Afro Cuban folk. Does anyone know what is Afro Cuban?

Beginning of program is Strobe's Nanafushi!! But this confused me greatly.
    Strobes Nanafushi is Japanese (Kodo I think)...not Afro Cuban. Is this allowed? Can they do two nationality folk?

I really like Nobu's program the best at this show. Charlie Chaplin is perfect for Nobunari. Miki's music was pretty...not sure about Johnny's. Have not decided yet.

Rinkside
    hmm...I was at the show and now that I think of it, that first piece of music didn't really sound Cuban to me. Does anyone know if it (Strobe's Nanafushi) is really Japanese?
    I don't know anything about the rules so I don't know if you are allowed to use two different types of folk music in an original dance (I would think not, just because you could get some odd combinations like Russian and Italian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3