Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Roster Presumptive

Custom Title
    Anastasia is already qualified because Switzerland leave is 2nd spot and the first alternate is CZE and they don't use it so it's for UZB
    now after Euros :
    Belgium and Israel leaves spot ..
    so the next alternate are AUS and FRA
    but damned the French Federation don't send a girl ...
    so the next alternate is Chinese Taipee and after it's Sweden ....

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    Anastasia is already qualified because Switzerland leave is 2nd spot and the first alternate is CZE and they don't use it so it's for UZB
    now after Euros :
    Belgium and Israel leaves spot ..
    so the next alternate are AUS and FRA
    but damned the French Federation don't send a girl ...
    so the next alternate is Chinese Taipee and after it's Sweden ....
    I strongly suspect that Australia WILL send Cheltzie Lee but I am not 100% sure. As for Chinese Taipei, I don't know... Sweden would be very likely to use the spot.

Custom Title
    Wow, that would be a great opportunity for Chelzie!! I hope she gets to go. So France will not send anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mystichaze View Post
    Wow, that would be a great opportunity for Chelzie!! I hope she gets to go. So France will not send anyone?
    Ahh... the French Federation... They didn't even think it was worth it to send a ladies skater to Europeans. Lena Marrocco, the current senior champion, is a bit on the young side but they could have easily sent Mae Berenice Maite, Gwendoline Didier, Sandra Sitbon or even Candice Didier if she has resumed training following Nationals where she withdrew as a result of contracting the H1N1 virus... They show very little interest in promoting their ladies skaters right now and I would be very, very, VERY surprised if they sent a ladies skater to the Olympics - which is a shame because France has a great history of talented female skaters (Bonaly, Hubert, Gusmeroli, Leray, Garde, etc.)

Custom Title
    ^Thank you so much for all that info on the French ladies!! I knew that Candice was out this season but I was not aware that she was suffering from the swine flu. I hope she has gotten better.So if France passes then its Taipei and Chaochih Liu, whom I remember from Four Continents last year. She also used to skate for the U.S according to her ISU bio. I'm sure these skaters are pretty psyched to know that they will be competing in the Olympics and being an alternate does pay off!

Custom Title
    Mae Berenice Meite is too young for send at Euro or JO she's turn 15 after 1st july !!
    so the only girls to send was Gwendoline or Candice Didier but the French fed decide to send none
    the deadline for Olympics is past ...
    so wait and see ....

Custom Title
    Austrias Miriam Ziegler ist confirmed by NOC

Custom Title
    Congrats to Miriam!

Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    Mae Berenice Meite is too young for send at Euro or JO she's turn 15 after 1st july !!
    so the only girls to send was Gwendoline or Candice Didier but the French fed decide to send none
    the deadline for Olympics is past ...
    so wait and see ....
    That's what bothers me about the French federation right now... both Didiers have lots of international experience and are lovely skaters but they won't give them a shot. They also have Sandra Sitbon, who was 5th at Nationals and was a bronze medallist there previously (she's 17 years old), Emilie Simon (7th at Nationals, also 17 years old) and Vincianne Fortin (8th at Nationals and 19 years old). While none of these would be logical choices based on their results at Nationals THIS year, why they didn't at least send a skater to Europeans and one of the Didiers to Olympics is beyond me, sorry.

Custom Title
    i'm totally agree with you
    and ure right for the others girls but none have a good experience of internationals competitions so ...
    For Candice ok she has virus H1n1 but the real things it's she has no coach for the moment so it's not possible to send someone without coach anyway ...
    For Gwendoline, she has not in good form before french national but during this competition she make's one of her best performance ... but it's not enough for the French Federation ...and they say "probably" OK for world in Turino ....

i have news today the French Federation have a meeting tomorrow with French Olympic Comitee for see if it is possible to send someone at Olympics
    wait and see ....

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    USA: Rachael Flatt and Caroline Zhang, frontrunners over Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu, Sasha Cohen, Alissa Czisney, Kimmie Meissner, Emily Hughes...
    Did Zhang even go to Nationals? I thought the US was sending Flatt and Nagusu....

Custom Title
    it's now official :
    no french girl at olympics !!!!
    so next alternate ....

... Which would be Chinese Taipei (Taiwan). Their entries at 4CCs are Crystal Kiang, Chaochih Liu and Melinda Wang. Liu represented Taipei at the Nebelhorn Trophy but Wang is the current National champion. Interestingly, she was the only competitor:

http://www.figureskating.com.tw/news...ores/index.htm

Custom Title
    in fact Belgium Isabelle Pieman is going to olympics ...
    COIB change their mind about her ...and it's cool for her ..

http://www.olympic.be/Spelen/Olympis...R/Default.aspx

Tripping on the Podium
    are there any federations that are waiting til after 4CC to name any skaters? or now that the alternate shuffling is about done, is there a full updated list of competitors?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast