Ladies Roster Presumptive | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Roster Presumptive

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Tamar Katz is trying to appeal the decision not to let her go with the Israeli team to Vancouver. Someone in her camp must be pretty media savvy because the story has been picked up by the New York Times. There's also a Facebook group. Well, good luck to her! I don't like it when countries leave athletes who've qualified for the Olympics at home, regardless of the sport.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tamar Katz is trying to appeal the decision not to let her go with the Israeli team to Vancouver. Someone in her camp must be pretty media savvy because the story has been picked up by the New York Times. There's also a Facebook group. Well, good luck to her! I don't like it when countries leave athletes who've qualified for the Olympics at home, regardless of the sport.

She trains in the U.S. with Peter Burrows. She started the Facebook group herself, so I think it's all her.

jovani2293

On the Ice
I got bored and decided to done something.
I use the top possible scores of the top 5 ladies and rank them. The possible scores are the top TES and the PCS scores they have in posted in any competitions.
So, this is technically their personal best.
Name SP + LP = Total
1. Yu Na Kim: 76.72+141.30=218.02; She is very consistent in the short but not so much in the long. The LP score is iffy, it is made up of her tes in cup of russia 2007 and the pcs of the GF France this season.
2. Mao Asada: 75.84+137.27=213.11; She is the total opposite of Yu Na. She is great in the long and can hit that score easily/ break it easily. On the other hand, she has only hit a score in the 70 in the short, but is very capable of doing it.
3. Miki Ando: 69.30 + 134.65 = 203.95; The pcs and tes that make her scores up come from all different competitions. But she has shown this season ,in the SP, that she can be great without a 3/3. So hopefully with a 3/3, she can hit a score in the 70s like Yu Na and Mao. The long is a different story, she need to skate like never before in the LP, also the SP if she wants to keep up.
4. Joannie Rochette: 70.00+ 127.59= 197.59; She is really amazing in the short when she hits. The long is different, she has hit a really good long in a while. The scores come from her performance at the 2008 and 2009 Skate Canada. The olympics are in Canada and that will help her.
5. Carolina Kostner: 68.18+122.44= 190.62; She hasn't had the best season this year but she is can be great. The SP score is very iffy. She hasn't score that high since the 2007. The Long is also the same ( 2008 world) but when she did hit a core like this one she was flawed and still was amazing.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
She trains in the U.S. with Peter Burrows. She started the Facebook group herself, so I think it's all her.
I know she started the group herself. Having a Facebook group normally doesn't get people into the NYT, though, so I'm guessing someone must have helped her out with that.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Official list

As of today, 1/31/2010, these are the 30 women who are competing in Vancouver, according to the official website of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games: http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-figure-skating/athletes/index_cf-p1-cN.html?

1. Miki ANDO - JPN
2. Mao ASADA - JPN
3. Rachael FLATT - USA
4. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI - GEO
5. Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA - UZB
6. Elena GLEBOVA - EST
7. Sarah HECKEN - GER
8. Anna JURKIEWICZ - POL
9. Tugba KARADEMIR - TUR
10. Yu-Na KIM - KOR
11. Kiira KORPI - FIN
12. Carolina KOSTNER - ITA
13. Min-Jung KWAK - KOR
14. Sonia LAFUENTE - ESP
15. Cheltzie LEE - AUS
16. Alena LEONOVA - RUS
17. Laura LEPISTO - FIN
18. Yan LIU - CHN
19. Ksenia MAKAROVA - RUS
20. Sarah MEIER - SUI
21. Jenna MCCORKELL - GBR
22. Mirai NAGASU - USA
23. Cynthia PHANEUF - CAN
24. Isabelle PIEMAN - BEL
25. Teodora POSTIC - SLO
26. Ivana REITMAYEROVA - SVK
27. Joannie ROCHETTE - CAN
28. Julia SEBESTYEN - HUN
29. Akiko SUZUKI - JPN
30. Miriam ZIEGLER - AUS

It will be a good competition! Good luck to all. :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know she started the group herself. Having a Facebook group normally doesn't get people into the NYT, though, so I'm guessing someone must have helped her out with that.

That's true. My point is that Tamar seems media savvy herself, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did most of the heavy lifting. But I know that other skating bloggers and Web sites have also mentioned it, so that surely has helped get some attention. And the NYT has two long-time skating reporters, so I'm sure they got wind of it officially as well)

Sadly though it looks like the effort didn't work. :frown:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Pokky_oc, Min-Jung is the first name. Kwak is the last name (family name). Her name should appear as Min-Jung Kwak (#16).:) She is one fine lady to watch out for! She needs to work on her speed and flip (and better choreography.. her step sequence is way too simple. I guess i can't expect too much from a skater who just had her senior debut though :p). Buy her flexibility reminds me of sasha and mirai :love: It would be wonderful if she could someday train under Orser.. she looked VERY happy about going to Olys with Yuna afterall :rock:

I just watched her 4CC programs and I have to say, she's has potential! Her spirals and spins are quite lovely. I think the jumps will come with time. But yeah, I have a feeling she'll have to train with someone else. I feel like her coach helps starts skaters (he was Yuna's coach back in the day) but the skaters then need to go elsewhere to develop.