Eurosport - Grand Prix Series? | Golden Skate

Eurosport - Grand Prix Series?

mdmiller

Rinkside
Does anyone know if Eurosport (particularly British Eurosport) will be showing the Grand Prix events this year? They did last year, first time in many years I believe, and it was great! They even showed some of Junior Worlds. I'm worried last year may have been a one-off, but I hope not.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Whether they have announced it or not, we can probably count on TEB. I don't know about the other events.

merrybari

Final Flight
Hope British Eurosport does cover the GP. Love the commentators - so positive and enthusiastic re: all skaters. And not TOO much gab.

Medusa

Record Breaker
As far as I know there won't be GP-coverage because of copyright reasons. Several people wrote to Eurosport and asked.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
As far as I know there won't be GP-coverage because of copyright reasons. Several people wrote to Eurosport and asked.
If this is true, it's rather disappointing news. I wish Eurosport sorted it out. No matter how chaotic their coverage of GP events was at times, there still was a coverage.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
We should know about TEB in a few days, because they publish their schedules two weeks ahead on the website. I don't care if they show TEB, as I'll probably not be able to see any of it on TV, but I'd love for them to broadcast CoC (For Shen and Zhao) and NHK.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I love the commentators for the British Eurosport. Even my boyfriend has made reference to how he likes them as well.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I got an answer from nordic eurosport today.

About rights they pointed out that "Eurosport often broadcasts the same pictures in 59 countries. Certain events might be hard to get the rights for if one or more national channels in these countries bid high to get the event exclusive for their nation." Like e g some french channel really wanted TEB?

The conclusion of the letter was "We got the rights late last year so there might still be hope."

Personally I am pessimistic. TEB is not on their schedules. Mostly football and our old enemy snooker that weekend.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Personally I am pessimistic. TEB is not on their schedules. Mostly football and our old enemy snooker that weekend.
Oh, that is a sneaky and devious enemy :biggrin:. It already ruined last year's TEB broadcast, and now again... How can anyone watch snooker? I can understand playing, it looks like fun, but it's sooooo boring to watch.

poloska

Rinkside
Oh, no...:no: I wanted to see it live, now the only hope is live internet streams... Gosh, why snooker again? I hate it :scowl:

Kinga

Medalist
Everyone interested in GP on Eurosport - email them! If they see a lot of interest, maybe they will do something about it. I already emailed them.

antmanb

Record Breaker
If anyone has the relevant email addres for Eurosport UK i'd be more than happy to email them. A 20 minute search of their website proved fruitles and i wrote to them at an email address someone sugested on an other board but i don't think anyone received it.

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Have you ever tried to call eBay on the telephone? :banging:

Don't even get me started on ebay. Someone had hacked into my account and changed the password so i could no longer log into it....do you know how long it took me to try to find out what i need to do? I got stuck in a "you must log on to your account" loop with trying to contact anyone!

The long and short of it is - they provide a chat window support which did prove to be useful, even if the person on the other end was a little impatient!

Ant

Danale

On the Ice
If anyone has the relevant email addres for Eurosport UK i'd be more than happy to email them. A 20 minute search of their website proved fruitles and i wrote to them at an email address someone sugested on an other board but i don't think anyone received it.

Ant
Don't know which email you tried, buy last season they received emails at [email protected]

Oh, that is a sneaky and devious enemy :biggrin:. It already ruined last year's TEB broadcast, and now again... How can anyone watch snooker? I can understand playing, it looks like fun, but it's sooooo boring to watch.
And darts? Have you ever watched darts? It looks like a Greek wedding with British commentating :biggrin:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Don't know which email you tried, buy last season they received emails at [email protected]

And darts? Have you ever watched darts? It looks like a Greek wedding with British commentating :biggrin:

Thanks for the email address that wasn't one that i've tried so i'll try again!

Oh there aren't enough expletives in the English language to complain about darts and snooker coverage pre-emoting skating :laugh:

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Also curling! Has a special spot in Eurosport's heart.

Curling beats snooker and darts combined for me!! Plus British Eurosport will have a vested interest in showing curling as it's one of the few winter sports GB is actually good at!

Ant

sternfunken

Rinkside
German Eurosport won't broadcast the Grand Prix-Series. :frown: I wrote them an Email and they answered that they will only broadcast the Golden Skate Award and another Show.