Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Eurosport - Grand Prix Series?

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    good place in the middle
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    If anyone has the relevant email addres for Eurosport UK i'd be more than happy to email them. A 20 minute search of their website proved fruitles and i wrote to them at an email address someone sugested on an other board but i don't think anyone received it.

    Ant
    Don't know which email you tried, buy last season they received emails at skating.eurosport@yahoo.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Oh, that is a sneaky and devious enemy . It already ruined last year's TEB broadcast, and now again... How can anyone watch snooker? I can understand playing, it looks like fun, but it's sooooo boring to watch.
    And darts? Have you ever watched darts? It looks like a Greek wedding with British commentating

  2. #17
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Danale View Post
    Don't know which email you tried, buy last season they received emails at skating.eurosport@yahoo.com


    And darts? Have you ever watched darts? It looks like a Greek wedding with British commentating
    Thanks for the email address that wasn't one that i've tried so i'll try again!

    Oh there aren't enough expletives in the English language to complain about darts and snooker coverage pre-emoting skating

    Ant

  3. #18
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post

    Oh there aren't enough expletives in the English language to complain about darts and snooker coverage pre-emoting skating
    Also curling! Has a special spot in Eurosport's heart.

  4. #19
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Also curling! Has a special spot in Eurosport's heart.
    Curling beats snooker and darts combined for me!! Plus British Eurosport will have a vested interest in showing curling as it's one of the few winter sports GB is actually good at!

    Ant

  5. #20
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22
    German Eurosport won't broadcast the Grand Prix-Series. I wrote them an Email and they answered that they will only broadcast the Golden Skate Award and another Show.

  6. #21
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by sternfunken View Post
    German Eurosport won't broadcast the Grand Prix-Series. I wrote them an Email and they answered that they will only broadcast the Golden Skate Award and another Show.
    Oh, no, I don`t believe it! I was so happy last year that eurosport broadcasted the Grand Prix series, and now this... Was looking forward for Cup of Russia especially (obviously because of Plushenko`s participation:-)). Sigh! Well, let`s hope for some vids on you tube then, but it`s not the same exactly...

  7. #22
    Custom Title McWicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Harford, Maryland.
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Koboldspike View Post
    Oh, no, I don`t believe it! I was so happy last year that eurosport broadcasted the Grand Prix series, and now this... Was looking forward for Cup of Russia especially (obviously because of Plushenko`s participation:-)). Sigh! Well, let`s hope for some vids on you tube then, but it`s not the same exactly...
    Does it mean that europeans that purchase a subscription from icenetwork won't be longer blacked out? my friends will love to hear so.

  8. #23
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by McWicked View Post
    Does it mean that europeans that purchase a subscription from icenetwork won't be longer blacked out? my friends will love to hear so.
    Subscription from icenetwork??? Please explain!

  9. #24
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    sounds like they had to dump the figure skating coverage to add the sport of paint drying...

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by McWicked View Post
    Does it mean that europeans that purchase a subscription from icenetwork won't be longer blacked out? my friends will love to hear so.
    Exactly! I totally wouldn't mind paying the subscription fee if the coverage includes lthe GP! I'm surprised Eurosport does no coverage of the GP; I enjoyed it so much last season!!

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    227
    Today Teledeporte said that they won't show a thing of the GP (They used to broadcast TEB, CoR and GPF) because they're angry with the ISU for giving the GP to Eurosport the past year.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Today Teledeporte said that they won't show a thing of the GP (They used to broadcast TEB, CoR and GPF) because they're angry with the ISU for giving the GP to Eurosport the past year.
    What good does that do? I doubt ISU realy gives a rip. Once again the fans suffer!

  13. #28
    Go Team Abbott snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by McWicked View Post
    Does it mean that europeans that purchase a subscription from icenetwork won't be longer blacked out? my friends will love to hear so.
    I don't understand about rights, but I understand that Icenetwork is not for Europeans.

    Maybe this gives some hope to watch something?

    I am not paying for eurosport until next years euro/olympics/worlds. I am so frustrated knowing GP going on and not be able to watch it.


    sigrid; what is Teledeporte?

    I wonder which channel in Europe got the GP then?

  14. #29
    I love you, Jeremy! GiuliaPlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Italy
    Posts
    458
    Seems nonsense that no channels air GP in an Olympic season. Very disappointed.

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    Seems nonsense that no channels air GP in an Olympic season. Very disappointed.
    yeah

    Teledeporte is a spanish sports channel that always broadcasts a part of the GP, Euros , Worlds and OG. And some Christmas galas too... and that, in a country where the people think that only exist football (soccer), tennis or basketball, is a loooot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •