Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eurosport - Grand Prix Series?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    Seems nonsense that no channels air GP in an Olympic season. Very disappointed.
    I think CCTV-5 will air at least some of it. It's free and it's online.

Custom Title
    npavel posted on TEB thread:
    All I found
    France Television
    17.10.2009 France 2: 14h50 - 16h45 CET Pairs LP & Men LP
    18.10.2009 France 3: 15h25 - 16h20 CET Gala
    Thanks for that!

Thanks Danale and npavel. That is at least something looking forward to.

Custom Title
    No Icenetwork for us Europeans. Again. I can understand that Icenetwork isn't interested in more European subscriptions, but it's really really sad that they just don't bother to think about us. Now Eurosport abondened figure skating the season suddenly looks a bit glum. Depending on online streams is stressful. I really wish there was a solution to this all. Anyone know how to hack IPadresses so my laptop can pretend it's located in Alabama or something...

Rinkside
    The Canadian SkateBuzz site (www.skatebuzz.com) is apparently streaming the complete TEB competition. I just registered (it's free), although I don't know if registration is necessary to view the stream. The registration process involved entering my address and that required me to pick my country from a long list of choices. So you could certainly access the site and register without a problem. However, I don't know if you can see the stream if you are outside Canada. I suppose it is worth trying though.

Good news from Fsvids. NTV will show GP! http://www.rutelevision.com/index-en.asp

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Anyone know how to hack IPadresses so my laptop can pretend it's located in Alabama or something...
    I know I ll tell you in Paris
    But ip is the only problem with icenetwork?never tried it..Ntv works fine although you dont understand a word

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    Good news from Fsvids. NTV will show GP! http://www.rutelevision.com/index-en.asp
    Thanks for that. It says you have to pay to subscribe but you can try free subsribtion for 3 days, does it really work? in this case I can subscribe on Friday when TEB starts. Does it work for all Evropean coutries?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    yes 3 free days work i think it works from everywhere, no?

We can only hope that everything goes well and we can watch it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    No Icenetwork for us Europeans. Again. I can understand that Icenetwork isn't interested in more European subscriptions, but it's really really sad that they just don't bother to think about us. Now Eurosport abondened figure skating the season suddenly looks a bit glum. Depending on online streams is stressful. I really wish there was a solution to this all. Anyone know how to hack IPadresses so my laptop can pretend it's located in Alabama or something...

We cannot watch Icenetwork from Canada either, it's not only Europeans who are forbidden.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    We cannot watch Icenetwork from Canada either, it's not only Europeans who are forbidden.
    By the same token, those of us in the US that are not near the Canadian border can't get CBCs awesome coverage. Lately we're lucky if we can get anything - but at least NBC has come across with SOMEthing. I'd/we'd be totally lost without Icenetwork. Hopefully fans everywhere will find SOME way to watch this season.

Lightbulb

It seems I lost all my hopes for watching TEB this year. I suddenly realised I don't have media player on my MAC. I'm wondering how I coped without it before! I tried to get one but I can't download anything on my computer plus ntv channel does not work for Mac's at all. Additionly I'm in UK so have no idea what else I can do. I'm devostated. Any advise or technical help, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    It seems I lost all my hopes for watching TEB this year. I suddenly realised I don't have media player on my MAC. I'm wondering how I coped without it before! I tried to get one but I can't download anything on my computer plus ntv channel does not work for Mac's at all. Additionly I'm in UK so have no idea what else I can do. I'm devostated. Any advise or technical help, please?
    I actually have the same problem. I went Linux a few months ago - and then found out that the Russian TV only works for Windows. Now I got WINE, which is a Linux program, that imitates Windows parametres, but I am still not sure if the webtv is working with that one - and I don't want to buy a subscription before I know that it's really working.

I got nothing. Except for waiting till a certain website has all the vids up. That often has the advantage that I can have a look at the results first and if I see e.g. Joubert 110 points for LP with -4 deductions - I don't have to watch that.

Or I make a new partition on my harddisk and install a Windows version there. But I don't want to, I wanted to get rid of that commercial nonsense.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post

wait--you mean NTV doesn't work for mac? there's nothing you can download to adapt it to work for mac? i was hoping to use NTV to record some webstream...

if anyone can help figure out NTV and mac, tell us which programs we can download to make it compatible, please do share. thank you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast