View Poll Results: Whose spins do you like the best?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mirai's

23 11.06%
  • Caroline's

64 30.77%
  • Sarah's

7 3.37%
  • Ashley's

11 5.29%
  • Mao's

52 25.00%
  • Yuna's

44 21.15%
  • Joannie's

3 1.44%
  • Yukari's

32 15.38%
  • Miki's

7 3.37%
  • Others'

46 22.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whose spins do you like the best? (ladies)

Whose spins do you like the best? (ladies)

my votes go to mirai, caroline, ashley, and sarah.

ETA
    Opps, I should have included Alyssa on the list. She is among the best in the field.
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-02-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Custom Title
    I voted for Alissa. Her positions are incredibly steady and not contrived. Her centering and speed are first rate. Especially the way she accelerates on her sit spins is amazing. I also like her biellman the best. She may not have butt-to-head flexibility, but I find her position the most aesthetically pleasing and comfortable.

Custom Title
    The poll doesn't say whether to choose among the current crop of skaters or among all female skaters from all eras, so I would vote for Alyssa (current)or for Lucinda Ruh (retired). Either way 'Others' is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    I voted for Alissa. Her positions are incredibly steady and not contrived. Her centering and speed are first rate. Especially the way she accelerates on her sit spins is amazing. I also like her biellman the best. She may not have butt-to-head flexibility, but I find her position the most aesthetically pleasing and comfortable.
    ITA. Her spins are fab! I love her layback the best. She has a very lovely position.

Custom Title
    Lucinda Ruh!

If you haven't seen her spin, you must go find some vids. Trust me. The woman's centering was not human! Fast, too. But the centering -- fast forward and you would swear you were looking at a repeated frame.

Angela Nikodinov... her Layback is rivaled by no one.

Alissa!!! her spins are absolutely beautiful
    close 2nd goes to Caroline and Mirai

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Out of the current ladies I like Yukari's spins the most. Alissa and Caroline are also great. Mao has amazing spins in practices, unfortunately she gets much slower in competitions (not enough stamina to do all that difficult stuff, I guess).

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Custom Title
    I need to mention Shizuka Arakawa and Michelle Kwan, two skaters who made even slow spins beautiful and graceful to watch.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Out of the current ladies I like Yukari's spins the most. Alissa and Caroline are also great. Mao has amazing spins in practices, unfortunately she gets much slower in competitions (not enough stamina to do all that difficult stuff, I guess).
    Yukari's, Alissa's and Caroline's are my 3 favorites, too!! I love Alissa's speed, positions and control, I love Yukari's camel spins, and of course I love Caroline's level 4 layback.

P.S. I remember watching Lucinda Ruh giving Caroline Zhang a spin lesson about 3 years ago. Pretty cool.

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    I voted for...

Caroline - based on her beautiful position and speed in some of her spins... her layback is absolutely beautiful.

Mao - has some beautiful positions as well, but sometimes her spins can seem a bit slower than say, Caroline, or more traveled than Yukari's.

Yukari - beautifully centered and great speed except during some of her transitions.

Last vote was for other... Alissa - great center and beautiful speed, but a bit lacking in position variation.

Custom Title
    No doubt to say Lucinda Ruh. If you haven't seen her yet, I really suggest you to find a video of her. She has amazing spins.

Custom Title
    I had to vote "Other" on this one. As other members have pointed out, Alissa Czisny and Lucinda Ruh aren't on the list. Nor was Nathalie Krieg, the Swiss Ladies' Champion in '93 and '94, who had a spin position much like Caroline's pearl spin. She also made the Guiness Book of World Records for longest spin: 3 minutes, 22 seconds.

World's '92
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOInaLqlqk

Skate Canada '92
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFJR...eature=related

Europeans '93 (The announcer introduces her as "the greatest spinner in the world" and spends most of the rest of the program lamenting her jump difficulties.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtKaK...eature=related

Olympic Games '94
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnoRJ8gZpZU
    Last edited by Eurofan; 01-09-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: add link

Custom Title
    Lucinda Ruh = gets my vote = no one can compare to her =

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast