David Pelletier injured | Golden Skate

David Pelletier injured

bleuchick

On the Ice
Poor David.

And to think they were so prepared for the season....as early as September.

Actually, it is one of the bones in his foot not the whole foot. He thinks they can still do Scott's show but the doctor said a minimum of 4 weeks off the ice. I am thinking he will be fine by Nov.

I was looking forward to watching their 6 programs but now it seems like 2 of them(those for television shows) will not be shown. :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jamie posted:
"Don't worry I'm pampering him, lets just say he better not get too used to me doing EVERYTHING for him!!!!"

She is such a kick... I love her "journal entries" :)

Hope David gets well soon... and hopefully Mr. Pelletier doesn't push it too far and end up making it worse! :eek:

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
She is such a kick... I love her "journal entries" :)

Hope David gets well soon... and hopefully Mr. Pelletier doesn't push it too far and end up making it worse! :eek:

ITA...there have been sooo many skaters with serious or career-threatening injuries lately and I certainly hope David won't be one of them.

As for which programs we'll miss out on seeing from them, I know one of the programs they were scheduled to perform at Gotta Skate was Come Fly With Me (with Michael Bublé singing the song live). Since they skated this program quite a bit last year, hopefully most of their fans have already gotten to see it at least once this year.

I'm not sure what other programs S&P had planned for this season, but they already performed two new ones at the recent Dreams On Ice show--hopefully we'll get to see those during at least a couple of other shows as well.

As for having to register before posting or lurking at S&P's board, that sounds like a relatively new development. I registered at that board a while ago and visit fairly often, but don't post there all that much. I was really surprised when I had to log in to read Jamie's post.

Get well soon, David! :)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
They were missed at GottaSkate for sure but Izzy & Lloyd were great pinch hitters so all was well for Kurt's show. Except Kurt's blood pressure may have elevated a bit earlier in the week when he got that call about Dave's foot! LOL ;)

Anyway, I think Dave will be okay in time for their stuff later this fall. They seem to be taking as much time off as possible for him to heal and that's a smart thing. I am SO glad I saw them last month in Windsor or I would have been SO sad to not have seen them this past weekend. Better for him to rest and get healed up before SOI and the fall comps start though. We will probably still see all their new programs at some point or another this fall. CFWM was one they were going to do this past weekend (which most of us have seen all ready) and with the theme that was going on, I have NO clue what the other number would have been. Oh well. Just get well soon Dave!! :eek:

And regarding Jamie & Dave's board, here is some random info. That board has a LOT of very young posters on it so its a bit more heavily moderated there just due to the craziness and insanity that tends to happen there at times. I know three of the four moderators there personally and they have a LOT to deal with there at times. That could be why the registering thing has been changed recently. You can register there though and not post a lot. I don't post there as much as I used to but I tend to visit often to get the news news. Jamie TOTALLY didn't need to tell everyone about Dave's foot at all but they were considerate enough to let us all know about it prior to getting to Hamilton, which I know we all appreciated even though it was so disappointing. They were just as upset as we were about the injury. They do the best they can to keep everyone up to date on their schedule and in just stopping by to say hi which are just two more reasons why I love those two. :love:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Good Heavens! Am I going to be denied the privelege to see Jamie and David skate at the World Team Challenge in Dec.? I hope not! I wish him well and hope he is back on his feet soon!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Latest reports at J&Ds board have Dave still out but only missing Scott's show which is this coming Thursday night. It sounds like he will be back in plenty of time for the World Team Challenge and anything else this fall. I can post over here if I hear anything different but it sounds like he's on the mend. No worries Lad!! :D